Scarlett's Ashes

Annette

The mailman came early today. Roy was home alone at lunch time when the mail came. He left a message on my voicemail at work saying just to call when I got a chance. I knew something was wrong by the tone of his voice, he had been crying. I wish I would have been home. It's hard to believe that tomorrow will be two weeks since she was killed. Roy is still having nightmares about it. I just remember when she died. In reality she probably was dead in 5 - 10 seconds, but her body was in seizures a little longer than that (I think), then the seizures stopped and I will not describe her any further. Rhett is doing okay. Somedays when Roy comes home at lunch, he has puffy, wet eyes, other times he is normal; he has become a "velcro" dog. I haven't gone with Roy when he takes Rhett for his walks around the block since last weekend. It's just so hard not having a leash in my hand. Roy has always walked Rhett and I always walked Scarlett. If we reversed this the dogs would just be all confused and look at us like we were crazy for switching. I know this all will get better. I hope that will happen soon.

Annette

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I know it is hard to get the ashes back from one of our bridge kids. I look at it like they are back home again where they belong. I felt like something was missing when I was waiting for my bridge kids ashes.

Also, as someone who has to call people when their pets ashed come back it is a very hard phone call to make. :blush

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest guinness_the_greyt

It's so hard!! You're right... it will get better... and it's ok to grieve for as long as you need to.

Sometimes I think I'll grieve my Harley boy forever.

:grouphug

Guest vwagner1

Annette, I feel for you. I haven't been on here much because my own pain is still too fresh. I read the story about your beloved Scarlett and I am so sorry. I am sitting here crying for her and for you knowing how hard this must be. When Kim's ashes came home, it felt so final for me, so very sad. There are days that I still cry and some days I can smile when I think about her. It just takes time. Kim is there showing her the ropes along with all the other grey angels up there. Take care of yourself and again I am so very sorry.

I still am just so saddened by this. I have had dreams where I am pulling one of my mastiffs around in a wagon.......it can only come from the pictures of Scarlett in her wagon.

I can only imagine how hard it was to get her ashes back. So sad, yet so comforting to know that she is at peace and WITH you forever.

Bless you and your husband.

I am so sorry. My continued prayers. :(:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry for you all. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest greyt_parents

:sad1

It takes awhile but things do slowly start to get better... When my heart-dog, Tex, died all I could see when I thought of him was him collapsing at my side... Slowly that memory has been replaced with all the good memories of his quirky traits and all the other things I loved about him.... Hopefully you will soon think of Scarlett and smile more and cry less...

:grouphug

Guest greysx3

Annette, I am glad we can be here for you.

There are no words that can be said to ease your pain.

Know that we are here for you anytime you need us.

Hugs,

Teri