My Condolences...

Guest shadesofgrey

Guest shadesofgrey

I just wanted to say to all who are suffering from the loss of their beloved pets, whether greyhounds, dogs, cats, or others either recently or in the past that I am so sorry for your loss. I find that I cannot respond to each post. I get through about 2 or 3 at a time, and my tears get going, my heart breaks and I can post no more. My condolences go out to each and every one of you.

If only they could live out our whole lives with us....

Hugs to you all.

I agree...I wish I could post on every Rememberance...it is so heart breaking to read about other's loss...even while I am suffering from my own.

That is what is so great though about GreyTalk...someone on this site is going through the same thing or has gone through the same thing & they are here to help us. They know exactly how you feel when others don't.

They know the emptiness, the pain. When I lost my 3 greyhounds & my little JRT mix...I had my greyhound friends to cry with & talk to...unfortunately not many of them had lost 3 greyhounds with in 6 months.

I have never had one get lost and not be found or die so horribly like Scarlett & Honor, however I have had one die at the "hands" of another dog & I had no one to talk to about that. Having a place like Greytalk is so helpful & for that I guess we can thank Jeff for keeping the site up & running so gracefully.

I appreciate everyone's kind words, funny & supportive words here on Greytalk and I extend my hand & encouragement to others who come here for comfort.

Guest roughcountrygirl

After reading about Honor, I laid in the floor with my Ty and cried. I had to wonder if I was the only one that had the Obi Wan feeling "'Like a thousand voices crying out, suddenly silenced". That's the best way I can describe it. I felt the pain of a thousand hearts broken, with all of the rage of the same hearts directed at one person- the one person who doesn't care about the welfare of the one he let go. Please someone make sure that they (the parents) know the pup has been found, and inform them of her fate. I want the worst guilt of the century to plague them. They'll never feel the heartace that the people of the animal world feel. I felt sympathy for those involved in the WTC bombings, but it wasn't personal. Maybe I am weird, but I take the death of these dogs personal. Maybe I have allowed myself to cross the line of pet ownership and have become obsessed, but those are my feelings. May you all find comfort in your own living, breathing hounds, and may the ones who have crossed over finally be at peace.

Guest phoenixrizn

roughcountrygirl, you eloquently said what I couldn't. I'm still tearing up this a.m. about Honor. And I know what you mean about her death hitting you personally, even if you never met her.

I dread the day when I post here about one of my babies. I can only imagine the hurt that their people feel, but I want to acknowledge it in some small way.

Guest auntiesara

Of course I'm Ms.Emotional at the best of times but I also cry my way through as many as I can mannage. It has helped us to feel the love and we've been comforted by the prayers for Angels Rosie and Matt.I promise everyone that our Angels are looking down on us,but not all of them are able to send spectacular signs like Matt and Angel Sofia sent. This message comes from someone who was taught that Darwin was God and once you pass you turn to dust along with your spririt. Now I burn Sagrado Corazon de Jesus candles for Matt and the other late Greys.... The pain never goes away even with the comfort of being reunited

Sara

I want to echo what all of you just wrote - this has been a particularly painful few days and

the intense feeling of grief does feel like it is shared by thousands. Sometimes I am

overwhelmed by the feelings of grief on Remembrance and wish I could express my

sorrow for the loss that other's are feeling more often. When you have suffered the loss of

a cherished pet (of any kind), there are just times when it becomes too fresh again as you

see other owners suffering their grief. But it doesn't mean my thoughts and good wishes

are not with all of you. I always hope in my heart that there will be an ease to your heartache

and that you will soon find joy in the memory all the wonderful moments with your bridge kids.

Greytalk has become an important part of my life. I have made new friends and yes, we've

shared tears and joy over losses I've seen them suffer as well as my own. For this community

of wonderful people, I will be eternally grateful.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Roughcountrygirl, I am with you all the way. You are not obsessed. You are not abnormal. You are compassionate and empathetic.

I take the abuse and murder of innocents very personally, whether they be animals or children. The betrayal of innocence is a sin I just cannot wrap my mind around. There is no such thing as "just a dog" in my world, any more than there is "just a child." An innocent being is an innocent being, and i rips my heart out when someone trusts, loves, believes, only to have that trust torn from them along with their lives.

I don't want to open the "religion" can of worms, but I often think of where the Bible says man has "dominion" over the animals. I remember ruminating on this while my horse was dying last summer, wondering why people thought they were so much better than all the other species on the Earth. I don't think God meant us to use animals as we want because we are superior. I think that passage means we have been given the responsibility to revere, respect, and care for them. Only in this way can we learn the amazing lessons they have to teach.

Personally, I believe they weren't GIVEN to us. They come to teach us about many things, like innocence, trust, and unconditional love.

I do not feel superior to the animals. I feel humbled by them. As I said in another post, sometimes I am embarrassed to be a human being. We have so, so much to learn, and my heart breaks for those innocents who must suffer at the hands of our supposedly "superior" species.

I remember holding my sweet Sissy in my lap 2 weeks ago as her life slipped away, the pain of her cancer finally and forever relieved. I can't imagine being robbed of the ability to make her last moments loving, peaceful and safe. I feel selfish for feeling heartbroken. My heart truly breaks for poor Christina, who will never get this final blessing.

Sorry for rambling on... I wish there was something I could do to help...all I can do is share my tears and my prayers.

OK...I'll shut up now.