Our Sweet Scarlett

Annette

We were heading out to meet the human parents of one of Rhett's sisters at

around 6:45 p.m. and as we entered the elevator Scarlett was electrocuted and killed.

Scarlett was diagnosed with a soft cell sarcoma in time for her 11th birthday. She underwent radiation treatment and a long recovery period because she was always our "special girl" who "thought" too much and managed to get at her radiation burn no matter what we did to deter her. She was not allowed to play in the ocean last year at Dewey Beach because her burn had not healed yet. This year the ocean was too rough so we took her to the bay over by the Rusty Rudder. She took a drink of water, stood there thinking and wondering (if the water really tasted salty?) and took another drink and just made a face and proceeded to lay down in the water with just her neck and head showing above the water. She just loved being pulled around in

her wagon which we started doing with her last year at Dewey during her recovery. Scarlett was the princess and queen that she thought she was. She was full of spunk and "piss and vinegar" and showed no signs of ill health. She was cancer free.

Scarlett's death didn't really hit me until we went to pick up our kitties who were being baby sat by Roy's sister. As Anne and I were picking up the layers of carpet protection in their hotel room (Two of our kitties are almost 17 years old and have kidney problems and do not always use the litter box.) Anne noticed the packages from the cat toys we brought. We had to buy cat toys because we couldn't have them

with Scarlett. There was always the danger that she would eat them and we planned on leaving them behind for her cat. We didn't have to leave them and that really hurt.

On Sunday, a couple staying at the Atlantis, Lynn and Cliff helped us with Scarlett. Lynn watched Rhett while Cliff drove us to Dover to the emergency clinic. Wearing the pink beads I caught for Scarlett during the 100th anniversary Harley Davidson parade and wrapped in her pink Circle of Grey blanket we left her in Dover to be cremated.

We really miss you Scarlett. So does your brother Rhett and your kitty sisters Taffy, Lefty and Garfield.

Give all your critters a big hug. You never know when you will lose them.

Annette and Roy

ps: I have a picture of Scarlett in the bay and have always had problems trying to post pictures. If I email this picture to someone, could they please post it for us?

Thanks

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Email the picture to Dazzleme...she's good at posting pictures.

I am so so sorry about Scarlett...I cannot imagine what you are going thru with this tragedy.

My heart just aches for you & your family! I would like to make a donation to MidSouth Greyhound Adoption in memory of Scarlett. Please PM me or BellaDonna1 with your home address so we can send you an acknowledgement.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

Guest BrockGusDad

Annette, Roy, and Rhett,

Scarlett captured the hearts of so many of us. This you have to know.

We had friends joining us (the AOL grey board group) for a get-together at The Grotto in Dewey that evening. They were late. When they finally arrived, they shared the story of why they were late. The tears shed were for Scarlett, and you guys.

A pale overcame Dewey that evening. I say that not to revive the memory, but to demonstrate that a grey family suffering is shared by the grey community. It is very real.

I realize I am not stating this as I should. It is merely my feeble attempt to let you know that we share, and will continue to do so, your grief.

Ed and Gus

Annette sent me this picture of Scarlett to post for her. What a beautiful, grand, lady she was! Godspeed Scarlett. You are missed terribly by your family.

473800000017_755_x_565_.jpg

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BrockGusDad
Annette sent me this picture of Scarlett to post for her.  What a beautiful, grand, lady she was!  Godspeed Scarlett.  You are missed
1698189[/snapback]

Bless her...

Guest VaGreymom

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers being said for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your memories with us of her. What a beautiful princess.

I was so sad to learn of this tragedy last Sunday at Dewey.

Godspeed Scarlet, you were loved by many.

Annette sent me this picture of Scarlett to post for her.  What a beautiful, grand, lady she was!  Godspeed Scarlett.  You are missed terribly by your family.

473800000017_755_x_565_.jpg

1698189[/snapback]

Oh, my...what an elegant silver-faced diva she was!

What a beautiful, beautiful angel she must be.

:grouphug

Guest jettcricket

.....What a beautiful, elegant looking gal Scarlett was....RIP sweetheart. My heart goes out to you and your family. Heartbroken in Jersey... :brokenheart

I'm so sorry for you loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:f_red:cry1

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Scarlette I am sorry your time with your mom and dad is over but run free girl at the bridge where you will never be hurt or sick again.

I am sorry for your loss of you sweet girl

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08