Greyhound At Dewey

Guest seniorgreymom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greyhounds4ever

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved Scarlett and can only imagine the pain you are going through. Although I didn't loose my angel Jocylin in the same manner, I did loose her in a tragic and sudden way and the pain and guilt still linger almost 3 years later. Peace be with your family. I know my Jocylin, Thia and all the others were waiting and welcoming her at the bridge. Be free sweet Scarlett. :f_red

When we were in the vendor tent on Sunday a woman came up and explained that the hotel had given all of the greyhound people Saturday night for free.

This woman handed Kari a donation to Midwest in Scarlett's honor for the amount she was credited. As we were shopping later that day I saw two more checks in group donation jars for the same amount...very heartwarming.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest opdiva1

We were staying at the hotel, and heard the news when we got back from dinner Saturday night.

I'm so sorry that Scarlett lost her life in such a tragic manner - and kudos to those who diligently tried to save the sweet girl.

f_yellow

:candle:grouphug:sad1

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest ScarlettsMom

We were also at the same hotel and found out about it Saturday night. It was so sad and tragic I couldn't sleep at all that night; I just kept thinking about what her poor family had to witness :(

When we were in the vendor tent on Sunday a woman came up and explained that the hotel had given all of the greyhound people Saturday night for free.

This woman handed Kari a donation to Midwest in Scarlett's honor for the amount she was credited.  As we were shopping later that day I saw two more checks in group donation jars for the same amount...very heartwarming.

1690676[/snapback]

This story haunted me all the way home.

How nice of those who donated their savings! A very kind gesture.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest zaylagrey

It's utterly horrid the way that poor dog died. I can't imagine watching one of my baby's get killed like that. I'm horrified and I wasn't even there or knew them! Poor people. It's hard to look at the pic and know what happened to that poor sweetie. :(

Poor Scarlett. This is so very, very sad. I saw a post by her mom, with lots of dancing smilies, so happy to be heading to Dewey last week.

I looked at Scarlett's picture. She was so beautiful. I can just imagine a little pair of greyhound angel wings behind that adorable hat of hers.

Run with the wind with all our Bridge Angels sweet Scarlett. We'll keep your mom and dad and Rhett in our prayers.

:f_pink

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

The Rainbow Bridge gained a new Angel, complete with Angel wings and flowered hat. I am sending gentle kisses to that beautiful girl with the heart-shaped mask from afar. What a beautiful, beautiful girl.

God Speed, Beautiful. May you run fast and free at the Rainbow Bridge, with or without your cart. :weep