Greyhound At Dewey

Guest seniorgreymom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 My thoughts are with this family - words cannot describe how horrible they must be feeling.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

--- Margaret Mead

user posted image

Guest kadees_crash

I just saw Scarlett's beautiful picture. My sympathy to her family & all those involved! I guess it's a small comfort to know that she went quickly & did not have to suffer too long. :angelwings

:( Putting a face with the story..... :candle What a precious angel.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest greycrew

I can't believe this happened. I saw her a few times in her cart and everyone would stop to pet her. What a sweet, sweet girl. The family is in our prayers.

Guest 6greyhounds

We also saw her in her cart on Friday and was petting - what a beautiful furkid and she looked so much like our Softee (Soft Shoe Sure Shot)

I am sitting here crying it is so hard to hear of something like this at such a wonderful event.

Prayers and Hugs to all from Pittsburgh, PA

I believe the name of the hotel is the Atlantis....some, if not, most of these hotels are old, run down and not maintained. There should not have been water flooding the elevator...would if that were a child or a person?! Horrible, horrible thing to have happened...thank God the individual who tried to help didn't die or get seriously injured. My heart goes out to the family and for those who were affected by it. :(

1689067[/snapback]

to say this is a horrible is an understatment but this was an accident

we have stayed at the motel for years and they have always been wonderful to our pups. the staff was devasted and the elevator was NOT flooded.

i am proud to call pirates mom & day are our friends and part of our rescue group

along with gina who tried to bring scarlett back. when we first heard the screams they rushed to aid the family with no thought of risk to themselves.

i have never seen such an outpouring of support as i have seen from the grey community once peoople found out about the tragedy.

all of those who were involved with trying to save the beloved scarlett are planning on staying at the atlantis next year and havr already booked rooms.

Iris

www.ligc.org

Guest ChrissyB

We too stayed at the Atlantis Inn this again this year. I spoke to Scarlett's daddy early Sunday morning while walking the hounds. He was in total shock. Tears at the surface. Barely slept the night before. He said Rhett just kept looking for Scarlett, not understanding where his sister was.

They are a nice young couple. I too remember them from last year. Who could forget a senior hound in a wagon. She was very much loved and will continue to be.

The hotel handled the situation the best way it could to date. An elevator company truck was there early this morning to begin the investigation.

It was our understanding that water from a leak in the roof was running down into the elevator shaft or the control room which caused the short in the system. Of course the info. did not come from the parents of Scarlett and Rhett, so it could be wrong.

No one staying at the motel was unaffected. What a horrible, freak accident. But I would love for a memorial to Scarlett to be started by the motel. It would at least be a life affirming way to honor this special greyhound.

I met the lovely Scarlett Friday outside of Fast Jack's. I heard about the "incident" Sunday morning. I was so hoping it was a rumour. And to find out that it was Scarlett :(. :cry1:sick

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Every year there is one dog that seems to capture everyones eyes. This year it was Scarlett. Everyone wanted to pet her.

This story is so sad and I am moved to tears by a sweet dog I saw once.

Scarlett is an angel now.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest lotsahounds

When I first read about the tragedy I was just sick about it, but then to find out it was Scarlett, well I am just devastated. I never got to meet her in person,but I was honored to make her "Scarlett" hat. What a beautiful girl she was. Her Mom Annette and her Dad have got to be just heartbroken and poor Rhett! This is just so tragic. Prayers and deepest sympathy to her family. Run free pretty Scarlett! You were loved and will never be forgotten.

:f_red

Guest BleusysMom

Prayers to the Family.....Please know that Scarlett is an Angel and will continue to Help Many Others...and She will be watching over Her Family....