Greyhound At Dewey

Guest seniorgreymom

Guest seniorgreymom

I hope it is alright to post this here....

Yesterday during all the rain a couple and their Grey were in one of those outside elevators in their motel. Water began to leak into the elevator, enough to cover the floor and in an attempt to get out or get help the poor people began to push buttons. Unfortunately there was enough water in the elevator that the Grey was shocked when she touched metal. The people were okay but their sweet Grey was not.

Diana, aka BlessedByGreys, called me with the news last night. She is broken hearted for the family. I am afraid that neither of us is able to say "these things happen". I don't know his/her name but needed to acknowledge the journey to the Bridge. I will be saying lots of prayers for the family.

*edited for additional information*

from rascalsmom...Her name was Scarlett, and she was staying about four doors down from us

Several people attempted to do CPR, but to no avail. I had not heard that the owners were electrocuted at all; what I do know is that another man, who heard Scarlett screaming, ran to help, grabbed Scarlett, and HE was zapped. I witnessed his signature because he "refused to be transported" by the paramedics.

from Piratesmummy...My husband was one of 4 people that did CPR on Scarlett for what seemed like forever - Scarlett never came back to us. Of course, the police, firemen, EMT and finally the vet came - but it was all too late. It should be a comfort to know that Scarlett died very quickly. She also saved a life - it could have too easily been a child.

Scarlett's brother's name is Rhett. It's all very tragic. The two men that were electrocuted was Scarlett's owner and another men who tried to move Scarlett out of the way to begin CPR. They were both OK and did not need medical attention.

The family's group is Midwest Greyhound Adoption.

Edited by seniorgreymom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how awful! Those poor people. My heart goes out to them. Godspeed sweet baby whoever you are. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

My heart goes out to them what a horrible thing to happen. Godspeed sweet baby. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Prayers for the grey and her family.

Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz, Rita the podenco maneta
Angels: Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I can't imagine how terrified they must've been...those poor people and that poor, sweet grey :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest FullMetalFrank

What a horrible, tragic accident... I hope an investigation into the safety of the elevator is done; things like this should NOT happen... Godspeed, poor baby, and hugs to your family...

:( This breaks my heart. Godspeed sweet babe. :(:f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow My deepest sympathy to the family who lost this precious babe. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a horrible thing to happen, I am so sorry. Godspeed sweet baby. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

So very sad on what was supposed to be a happy weekend.....

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Lolaadios

The owners of that dog spoke to my fiance (who was vending in a storefront) and told him the whole story. Apparently, the dog was 15 years old and they had just lifted him/her out of the little cart they had been pushing the dog around in when it happened.

Pretty horrible thing to have happen! Comforting thoughts going out to that poor Greyhound and the family.