Miss Sissy's Legacy

HooversMom

Miss Sissy, it's only been three days since you left us to move on to your next adventure. There have been many tears, but they are becoming happy ones as I remember what a blessing you were in our lives.

I will always remember the little miracle that occurred on your last night with us. I'll never forget how, when you were just rescued and so insecure, you hated the sound when the heater went on. You used to get all your stuffy toys and rescue them from the noise, lining them all up safely on the back of the couch. I knew you were giving me a sign when, as you and Blue lay together on the floor, he suddenly got up and got your favorite lamby toy and placed it carefully on the back of the couch. I knew you were passing your legacy on to your adopted son and making sure he knew all about you.

Your sunbeam falls across the couch this morning, and you're not in it. That should make me sad, but all I can do is smile. Hoover and Blue are there, basking in the warmth you loved so much.

Life goes on, my sweet heart girl, and you are still very much a part of it. Enjoy Heaven, but don't forget to visit once in a while.

(Pictures: Sissy at the time of her rescue, and three months later)

post-7979-1127665140_thumb.jpg

post-7979-1127665346_thumb.jpg

How precious and wonderful. I think that many people who have not yet experienced a loss cannot understand how joy can spring from such deep pain, but it can, and it does, it is the way we move on, by never forgetting the love that was shared.

That second pic of Miss Sissy reminds me so much of my sweet boy Mulder, he was a brindle too and a goofy one, I am sure they have met and are getting along like a house on fire.

Hugs to you. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:f_pink

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Our precious memories will remain in our hearts forever...until we meet again... :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

A wonderful tribute to Sissy. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

How nice that you can think of the happy times at such a hard time.  I am still having trouble doing that.....

1670188[/snapback]

:grouphug It can be hard to be positive at such a time, and there are moments when I miss her so much I can't even breathe. But you know, she brought so much good into my life I can't help but feel that, too. I have to keep reminding myself that I'll see her again. It really helps to write about the happy times, because it brings them back and pushes the pain out of the picture.

Many hugs to you :heart

:weep:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!