"with Sympathy"

HooversMom

Someone on the Prayers for Pets list sent this to me today, and I just had to share. How lovely is this????? I hope it will bring as much comfort to others as it has brought to me.

With Sympathy

We who choose to surround ourselves

with lives even more temporary than our

own live within a fragile circle easily

and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps we still

would live no other way.

We cherish memory as the only certain

immortality never fully understanding

the necessary plan.

Edited by HooversMom

Guest jettcricket

How beautiful and so true....I remember when I lost my first greyhound, Chance, and being so filled with grief, my Dad told me that I shouldn't have pets because I love them too much. I said, "Dad, how do you tell the heart to only love a little? It's either all or nothing". As painful as it can be I'd have it no other way. They are ours only for a little while and for that I am forever grateful for having them in my life. It's made me a better person. :)

I have taken a liking to this reading.

"Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you."

St. Francis de Sales

I makes me comfortable to know, even though they have passed, we can feel their presence.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thank you, I dedicate this to the pups I've lost...Hooter, Amanda, Dew, Sadie, Bailey, Sadie-Grey, Bool, Brogan, Boner, Racer, Picadilly...and to my cats Jjaks & Aspen.

• 2 weeks later...
How beautiful and so true....I remember when I lost my first greyhound, Chance, and being so filled with grief, my Dad told me that I shouldn't have pets because I love them too much.  I said, "Dad, how do you tell the heart to only love a little?  It's either all or nothing".  As painful as it can be I'd have it no other way.  They are ours only for a little while and for that I am forever grateful for having them in my life.  It's made me a better person.  :)

1664244[/snapback]

beautifully said, Jett!

the poem is wonderful too :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway