Hurricane Evacuees

Jeff

GPA Houston heard from an evacuee yesterday. She and her hounds are going to San Antonio to stay in a LaQuinta. GPA National will be helping out with the hounds medical needs (she evacuated less things like HW & Frontline, etc).

There are still hounds and families needing help. I just hope we can connect with them! We picked up two fosters yesterday from Port Arthur needing help.

Remember--GPA Houston will take any greys displaced due to the storm.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MaxAndMazy

I'm late seeing this thread - but our doors are always open too... if you want to make the trek to Southern Ontario Canada.

I heard in the news this morning of a family evacuated from New Orleans (with 9 suitcases) who has made their way to our community and is being sponsored by Oktoberfest. They have decided to stay here and make it their home. :) We have also had some dogs from Louisianna in the pound that have homes already. They made the front page of our newspaper and were gone to good homes within a day.

I know it's far - but I also know there are lots and lots of people willing to help up here if people are able to get here.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an extra room and extra full bathroom that we can set up if someone needs a place to go! Pups welcome. Small Fluffies would have to stay in the room, my pups are not good with anything fluffy and small. Sandwiched between 3 major metropolitan areas, pretty much everything is accessible. :)

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest Houndmama

Any GTers headed toward the awesome and gorgeous Western NC mountains are welcome here. I am single and have a guest room and private bath available. I have a large fenced backyard, which encloses 2 more separate smallish fenced dog yards with pet doors. I can handle a couple of horses if need be, and anything else that would stay in triple strand barbed wire fencing (goats?). Small pond in the pasture area.

I have a very nice and dry basement and pets could be kenneled down there, out of sight of my pets, if necessary. I also have an unused garage. I have 2 unused 700 VariKennels and a large wire crate that is unused.

I have access to a fabulous boarding kennel who will give me a few days free in this situation, in case you have pets that wouldn't fit in here. We'll work out whatever we need to work out.

Edited to add that I have 2 cats . . . Non cat safe dogs would have to be kenneled at all times. Otherwise, muzzles will do.

Edited by Houndmama