Hurricane Evacuees

Jeff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 extra bedrooms and a finished basement. Fenced yard. Dogs/Cats (oh yeah - and humans) welcome. I have 3 cat safe dogs, and no cats. 4 crates are available.

Michigan is a hike, but guaranteed Hurricane safe :lol

Edited for spelling...

Edited by redlady

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown

Guest gatemaster93

Anyone that can make it as far north as Nebraska,

I am just outside of Lincoln and can house dogs, cats, horses, goats, donkeys, whatever (no poultry, please...chicken phobia).

No fenced yard, but 80 acres to walk around.

The bed in the spare room is an airmattress, but it is comfy. So is the couch.

I am located just SW of Fort Worth, in Cleburne, and will gladly take people and their fur kids in - we have 2 Greys, a JRT and 3 cats - also have room for horses.

I would be willing to meet someone and lead them in to my place.

DH left downtown Houston @ 4:30 am - his alternator crapped out and he lost 2 hours - he left 45 because it is not moving at all and is going cross country to Tomball and then will try to get home from there. Service stations do have gas, but there are long line ups.

Viviane

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

I'm in Louisville, Kentucky. I can put up a person or two and a pupper maybe two. I don't have a fenced yard so the puppers would have to be leash walked. I don't have any cats but I do have a 40 lb. dog with my 2 greys. I have a couch and an air mattress (double).

We can house some folks here in Raleigh NC. We have one spare bedroom, and one spare room(no bed but we have an air mat). I also have acess to an X-large wire crate should it be needed. We have one greyhound and a fenced in yard.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest seniorhoundlover

Can't take people (no room and one bathroom!), but happy to take in small dog and cat safe dogs of any breed for any length of time. Four acres of fenced yard, no stairs, all entrances securely fenced. FIV positive cats also welcome. Northeastern Wisconsin. Also willing to pick up folks and/or animals and transport from Green Bay, Appleton, and Milwaukee airports. Lots of open hotel rooms up here and you can visit your pets at our house!

I second RobinW - anyone who needs to get out and feels like they want to keep on driving, I have room for a couple of people and their dogs as long as the dogs are cat safe and will tolerate a whippet who thinks he's the centre of the universe. Small yard with 4 foot fence, parks nearby, I usually leash-walk. In Toronto, ON.

Guest D_MansMommy

Donovan will give up his bedroom with a queen size bed. We only have one full bath but we have a powder room too. We have a fenced in yard. Greys and cats welcomed. Small yippy dogs set off D-man's prey drive off so it's best if they stay away. We are about an hour north of Philadelphia.

I know we're way out of the way, but in MN we would have room for 6+ people, preferrably no children. 3 acres fenced, another 7 to run. Dogs are welcome, as are other pets (rabbits, etc) The only requirement is no black socks, or you may notice that you have collected mastiff hair.

It would be really cool to keep this pinned forever, and update it periodically (like we do with the vet list in the other forum).

And I should add that I'm available for an overnight stay, if folks don't mind clutter. I don't have room for long-term help, unfortunately. I think I have an airbed somewhere (I vaguely remember buying one), and I usually give up my king-size bed to house-guests. As far as I know my dogs are safe with all critters, although I've never tested them with cats.

I'm in the Atlanta area.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Doubt anyone is going to make it to upstate NY but if you do you are welcome at my place. Spare bedroom with Queen size bed. queen size sofa sleeper downstairs. Cats welcome, small dogs would have to be crated. Doggie door, fenced in yard. Lots of food. Ya'all can bring your horses too. Be safe everyone!

Edited by gazehund

If the hurricane should blow you all the way to Vermont - I have a guest room with a single bed and a 2 person futon, fenced in yard, in an emergency, someone could even sleep on the top bunk of my teenage son's bed (no teenage girls though :P). Cats/Dogs welcome (have 2 of each) and wired and wireless high speed internet available. Just a warning, it's NOT a quiet household.

Sigrun

'Nother Dallas-area place available. I have a spare bedroom and bath, small yard. PM if ya' need it!

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

If anyone comes as far north as IL I can find a place for you and your animals, if not at my house, the animals can stay at my group's kennel and we have cheap pet friendly hotels also. Not a whole lot of room in the house but I'd be willing to give up my bedroom for guests.

Fenced in yard too. Next door neighbors have a pool ;)

I have indoor cats but they'll hide in the basement even from cat safe dogs, so cat safeness isn't really an issue.

I just pray everyone is alright.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest auntiesara

We can take in two Greys or any sighthound mixes in Boston. Someone is home most of the time to supervise. Possibly a family can use our summer home in VT-the only problem is the water table is low and we're having problems with our well. 100 acres but not fenced in. Elsie is new -right off the trackat age 5 and Longdog Krispy is arriving from TX too...but there's always room for more...

Sara

Guest canagreyts

Another Canadian emergency home available. We are in Stratford, Ontario. We could take humans/dogs/cats. We have a small fenced backyard (rather steep flight of stairs to access it from inside, but there's also an outside gate that could be used).

Our male Nebraska is an alpha so please bring muzzles during intro period!

Mary, I second that. I so appreciated the PM's that I received offering a place to stay for us and the puppers. A million thank you's. :bighug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg