Tired And Rambling

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest guinness_the_greyt

maybe its stress...

i just can't sleep the last couple days... and tonight was no different.

i was tossing around and i saw you laying there... your white little body...

so i wrapped my arms around your barrel chest expecting to feel your corse hair and lumpy body... i was waiting to hear that familiar old man groan.... and maybe now i could fall into sleep...

but instead i was woken by brooklyn's smooth velvety coat and slim body... her white hair deceived me.... she snuck into your spot while i was dreaming.

it's been 9 months old friend.... and i still look for you everywhere....

I surely understand, I had a Vanna Black shaped hole in my heart that never went away. Khan is filling it quite well, but Vanna was our 1st GH, and will always be special to us.

Peace and ehugs to you,

Nan

Oh Sweetie how well I know.....I still hear Sadie-Grey's whimper, Bool's clacking his teeth & every once in a while I see Brogan walking across the backyard.

The other night one of mine sighed really loud & I could picture little Boner sitting by the door waiting on me to take him for a ride.

:f_white:gh_lay:gh_lay:f_pink

Guest fastdogs

I know how you feel. Every time I walk along the route James and I used to walk daily, I get lump in my throat. It's been about 9 months since James went to the bridge, as well. Something that's helping me is my wife putting together a scrap book of him. It brings tears to my eyes, but it is nice to see him.

:bighug

I see and hear Skye everyday and she has been gone a month today. :f_pink

It is spooky sometimes the tricks the mind and heart can play on me and sometimes it just feels downright cruel.

I seem ok and "back to normal" to my peers and family, but in the quiet of a morning run or under cover of the shower my sobs fill the air waves and I cry out for her once again. To hold her, to hug her, to hear her, to feel her, to smell her, to watch her just one more time, but I fool myself that one more time would ease this pain because one more time would never be enough.

I want to rest my head against her gentle nose, forehead to forehead and be comforted by my closest fur friend. I lost something I can never regain that day. The well of emotion is deep, one that only now I am beginning to sense just how deep.

I hear what you say.

Be well. Be strong.

Warmly,

Lori

Guest greysmatter

I know it's hard. Each dog ...no matter what the breed is SPECIAL!!! I miss my Chippy. It's only been two weeks (not even). I'm constantly reminded of things she'd do as I go around the house. Kind of makes you nuts after a while. We went to a meet&great of greyhounds today. What sweetpeas they are. I can't wait to get one!!

I look forward to bringing home another "brother" or "sister" to add to the family :colgate

Edited by greysmatter

Oh, sweetie, I'm just where you are. It is the worst pain imaginable losing our "heart children." Miss Sissy was "The One" for me -- just as Harley was for you. God bless you...my tears are with you. There is a brand new, huge raw hole in my heart that only Miss Sissy could fill, and I know it was right to let her go to Heaven, but it hurts like hell. I don't think we ever "get over" it, but I do know the pain can give way and happy memories begin filling up the hole.

Many, many, many hugs for you.