R2 The Cockateil, 199? -- 2005

Guest fountainpengwen

Guest fountainpengwen

This morning I went to feed my cockateil, and found that he had passed away during the night.

R2 came to me 1999-2000ish when I was at Oberlin. We have no idea how old he was then, but I'm guessing he lived to be 10 or 12.

He loved to be scratched on the back of the head, he loved Sponge Bob, and he had a weird affinity for people's toes.

He really liked the one time Mike gave him a cheese ball, and although he hated his bird diaper, he liked the fact that it meant he got to eat Grape Nuts and hang out with the people.

He loved the color yellow, though he always ate all his pellets except the yellow ones.

He was more than just a little queer.

He liked singing songs of increasing complexity with Zayn, and he liked shiny things.

So, goodbye, littlest R2 friend. :angelwings We'll always think fondly of you.

IMG_0009_2.jpg

Set24_02.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. R2...your beauty will grace the heavens. Fly on the golden wings of Angels sweetheart. :grouphug:f_white

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

R2, I hope you find all the shiny things and toes you could ever want, in the land over the bridge. Hugs to your momma and godspeed to you, handsome little man.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest DJOsbun

I have 2 cockatiels myself, and LOVE them to death. I'm very sorry for your loss. They will usually live at least 20 years, so I wonder what took his wonderful life so soon.

Guest fountainpengwen
I have 2 cockatiels myself, and LOVE them to death.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  They will usually live at least 20 years, so I wonder what took his wonderful life so soon.

1639542[/snapback]

I don't know why he went so soon either. He was on great quality pelleted food, so I don't think it was nutritional. But, I adopted him from someone who had been using him for breeding, and didn't know his age, so he may have been way older than we thought. He was a tough little guy, so if he was having problems he hid them well!

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Guest mom2greys

I'm so sorry to hear about R2. :( I have always had birds in my home, but mostly budgies, and they were all so sweet in their own unique way. I'm sure he'll be missed. :bighug

Guest Georgiegirl

I'm so sorry. :(

Cockatiels make lovely pets. I had a 'tiel called Zebedee who I absolutely doted on. He loved music and eating bits of toast. He died a few years back and I still miss him.

Rest in peace, R2 :grouphug:f_red