Sweet Things I Remember About Kimmie

Guest vwagner1

Guest vwagner1

Well it has been a week since Kim left me and I wanted to remember all of the cute things she used to do. Some of the things were years ago as she has not had the energy in the last couple of years to do much. Sara, Hank's mom (Kim's brother who also died recently from epilepsy) gave me the idea of making a shelf for her. It will have her urn, my favorite picture of her (thanks Sara!) her collar, and her paw print. I also made this list of things I loved that she did. I don't ever want to forget....

Kim used to run faster than Brad. He hated that! She loved to play outside and to run.

Kim would throw stuffies in the air and try to catch them. How cute it was that she would just play with herself!

Kim would position herself on my bed so that she could watch me in the reflection of the mirror while I took a shower and got ready every morning.

Kim would follow me from room to room. My little shadow of love. She would position herself so that she could always see me.

Kim loved bones! She would also chew Haleigh’s Barbies for some reason. She loved rawhide and would chew and chew. Her teeth were always clean!

Kim would put her sweet face against my thigh ever so gently so that I could pet her. She would do that for as long as I would pet her. She was the perfect height for my hand to caress her soft face.

Kim’s favorite sleeping position was the roach. How cute she was. She looked so content sleeping that way.

She was so gentle. The kids or cat could do anything to her and she would never complain. She never pushed herself on anyone. She would gently walk up to someone and offer her head to pet. She would have been a perfect therapy dog.

She was always a hit at the meet and greets. She would win over everyone! I can’t tell you how many people requested to adopt her. Sorry, this one is mine!

Kim would chatter her teeth when I got home and sometimes give me a nibble to tell me how much she missed me while I was away.

Kim usually slept on her bed right next to me on the floor but the last winter we had her, she started to sleep with us because of the cold. The only other time she would hop in bed with me at night was after a seizure. She would sleep on the bed during the day or while I watched TV. She would put her head on a pillow just like person-usually Steve’s pillow. I would crawl in bed(or Steve) and we would snuggle her, kissing the back of her head.

She LOVED to take walks. She would jump for joy whenever I got the leash out.

Kim would just stand by me at the computer while I was typing away hoping for a little attention. I could never resist.

I miss you sweet girl but I know you are safe, pain free, and playing like you used to!

Such a sweet tribute to your special girl. f_yellow

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

She was a sweet little thing, wasn't she? Betcha anything, in the land over the bridge, she has everyone wrapped around her paw already.

Hugs to her grieving momma.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...