Username / Avatar Changes

Jeff

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are trying to streamline Greytalk and in doing so we are making changes to usernames and avatar names. These items need to match. Spaces and special characters cause other areas of the website to behave erratically, and spaces in filenames (avatars) do not render well on all platforms and browsers. While we have been limiting “new” registrations to meet standards we have not been correcting existing member accounts UNTIL NOW. There have been a few people who encountered limitations due to their unique member name (Bones&Socks, and anyone with an apostrophe to name a few) we corrected them as we found them. Starting tonight, and until complete (probably a week or more) we will be correcting these issues. Please make sure the Email address listed in your profile is correct, when we change a username an email will be generated to inform you of the new name, without this you may be unable to login. Also we will be changing avatar filenames to match the username, if you see your avatar image broken (not showing or red X) please submit a help ticket and let us know.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

So far of the few names I have changed (mostly avatar changes) the following notification emails were returned, these users need to correct their incorrect email addresses, and use the following usernames to log in.

BombersMama

ChasesMum

EllenEveAndBaz

Is there anything we can do ourselves to make this easier?

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

unfortunately not, this all has to be done outside the forum. Members are not able to change usernames or filenames on the server. I spent about 3 hours last night and only got through # - D, this is gonna take a while :/

Guest ProudGreyMom

Don't understand what you you said :) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks for all of your hard work all the time!!

The following usernames will be changed tonight to remove any non A-Z 0-9 characters, spaces included.

If you can not log in after this conversion, submit a support ticket ;)

freddys mom

Griffins Mom

Hagrids Dad

Indys Dad

Indys Mom

Jeanies mom

Jeds Mom

Jennifer S.

JJ Stingers Mom

Joyce J

KAI Betta

Kaseys Mom

Katie In Oz

Lennys Mom

Maggies Mom

maxi-mum

maxies mom

Melinas Mom

Mommy of 3

Morgan and Greys

Naples-n-Gunnar

Nickel Creeks Mommy

Paws De Deux

Perfectweather*

release-the-hounds

Scarletts mom

Shanakil Magic

Sixteen Paws

smiling sara

Sneakys Mom

Striders Sis

Sue-n-Otto

Sylph Pup

Tara Coach and Cougar

Tory n Us

Vinnie and Rexs mom

Whippet Mom

After spending a few hours and not getting to far with the membername {matches} avatar file name conversions (about 700 conversions) I had a consultant create a script to do it. What would have taken probably another 5 or 6 hours was done auto-magically in about 3 seconds…really!! :eek

All the above mentioned conversions, member names and avatars have now been completed. If you see errors, or wish to change your newly assigned member name, please submit a support ticket. CLICK

Guest FoxyandDodgesMom
Jeff, you might want to submit a support  ticket yourself, as you have a little red X for your avatar

:P

1621355[/snapback]

THAT'S what I was goin' to say!!!! :P

And Jeff....I'm assuming mine is fine? Please pm me if it's not..since I don't get email from here anymore ;)

(My ISP is still in the dark ages obviously)

I too was wondering what this was about but I was like umm okay... LOL thanks for all your work Jeff!!! :)

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

• 1 month later...

Jeff I logged out as Arias mom and created a new user name

sheshe

Can you move all my stuff to that username. I am just dumb enough to not know how to create a ticket.

Sheila

Sheila
Loved by

Mozart, Sherri, Xavier, McCleary, Tigger. Amelia and 2 Salukis Poppy and Zarah

Guest myfourbabies

Well I've just joined and it wouldn't let me use underscores! (that is why my username is all one word- in case you were wondering!) I was just so relieved to be able to get in here and read your lovely messages that I was past caring! :offwall

PS. Sheshe I have a red brindle grey who looks just like yours! What is his/her name?

Edited by myfourbabies

Guest myfourbabies

Er, I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I try to get into the chatroom I get an error message 'error 9639, unable to enter chat, there appears to be a problem with your forum session' I'm not with AOL I'm with NTL. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Clare. :(