It Seems Like We've Lost So Many Lately

grey14me

Guest morristahlgreys
:(  :(  :( Do we ever get over this horrible pain?  :(

1617137[/snapback]

My heart goes out to all of you who are hurting. I have know such pain several times myself over the years. I know from experience that with time it becomes easier to bear. You don't forget, the pain is just less overwhelming. Its like a deep cut. It hurts. Then as it heals scar tissue forms over the wound. Always a tangible reminder of the wound, although it doesn't hurt like it used to, sometimes it aches in damp weather.

I've said this before, probably many times: It hurts because you had the courage to love. Loving takes courage because you know that love, in time, means grief. The only way to avoid it is to carefully shield your heart and refuse to love anything. And just think how empty your life would be. Yoir grief now is a sign of your love. And good always comes out of love.

Here is something that we can do to help others. If you haven't already done so, check out Zelda's Legacy here in Remembrance. Zelda was my greyfriend and shed died, like so many others, of osteosarcoma. Zelda's Legacy is a plan to organize walks all over the place to raise money for osteo research, and so perhaps help others to survive.

I still think of my dear friends who have died, fondly, but the sadness is gone. They would want it that way.

Inge

Guest auntiesara

It has helped us so much to know we have love and support here. I miss our Angels so much. Everything I do reminds me of them-their favorite park, how they went to work with me in nice weather and played with their friends{I'm a petsitter). I try to stop the "if only we realised and got Matt to the vet sooner" thinking.... The Animal communicator reported that he said he Knew he was going to die and knew we went as fast as possiblr(90 mph) to get help. She also descibed his special ceremony that he has planned.

I know Matt sent us Elsie-he knew she needed help-he had chronic Ehrlichia and she has RMSF but is sol ively she doesn't seem sick. They must be having a big get acuainted party at the Bridge-there have been so many recemtly. Time doesn't heal- at most you don't cry every time you think of them.

Sara

I was so upset to come back from holidays and find so many of our friends had crossed the bridge, so unexpectedly. I am so sorry everyone's losses - fast, slow, unexpecte, planned - there just isn't any way better than another. All are awful. but the pain does heal.

l lost my heart-girlie, Kasper, Jan 10/02, a sweet mutt who was the light of my life. But I know my Dad was there for her, came and got her actually, so that eased my pain (that is, once my sister told me he had come to her first, to tell her he was there to help my Kass). So, I believe they are together, having a good old time (he was her favourite person in the whole world), with all the wonderful friends and family, four and two legged, who were there waiting for them.

:f_pink and :grouphug to everyone who has someone waiting for them at the bridge...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest Valliejo2001

I lost my first grey baby last Nov. The pain just does not go away. I have a Maggie Sue moment many times a day. It is so darn hard.

Darlene

:(:(:(

I guess ignorance really is bliss.  I very rarely came in Rememberance before because it made me feel sad.  I had never lost a dog before, so I didn't realize just how important this area of the board is.  I will always make sure I come in here to offer my support to anyone who loses their beloved pet.

Not wanting to be sad is not a good enough reason to stay out of here.  I've learned a lot this past week.  Not all bad either.  I've learned how much comfort can come for kind words from friends.  Thank you all for coming to me even though nobody likes to be in this part of the board.  I will be here for anyone that needs comfort........

1616630[/snapback]

Yeh me too.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Snowy8
I guess ignorance really is bliss.  I very rarely came in Rememberance before because it made me feel sad.  I had never lost a dog before, so I didn't realize just how important this area of the board is.  I will always make sure I come in here to offer my support to anyone who loses their beloved pet.

Not wanting to be sad is not a good enough reason to stay out of here.  I've learned a lot this past week.  Not all bad either.  I've learned how much comfort can come for kind words from friends.  Thank you all for coming to me even though nobody likes to be in this part of the board.  I will be here for anyone that needs comfort........

1616630[/snapback]

After losing each one of mine, I have had special people come into my life & listen. I didn't have greytalk...now I do. I have gotten PM's from people who I don't know personally, but they just wanted to thank me for saying something encouraging to them.

I try to visit here everyday.