It Seems Like We've Lost So Many Lately

grey14me

Maybe I'm just being extra sensitive since losing Bailey last month, but I'm just torn up about all the hounds that we've lost here on GT lately...just so sad :(

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest argolola

I was thinking about that too. August 17th was the anniversary of my daughter's death, so I've been sensitive as well.

God bless the families of all who have suffered losses. Pups are family members too.

Guest armanntoo

It's been two months since our Percy left us, and every day i get upset when I see that so many more of our loved ones have been taken from us.

I guess ignorance really is bliss. I very rarely came in Rememberance before because it made me feel sad. I had never lost a dog before, so I didn't realize just how important this area of the board is. I will always make sure I come in here to offer my support to anyone who loses their beloved pet.

Not wanting to be sad is not a good enough reason to stay out of here. I've learned a lot this past week. Not all bad either. I've learned how much comfort can come for kind words from friends. Thank you all for coming to me even though nobody likes to be in this part of the board. I will be here for anyone that needs comfort........

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Diane - I was the same way - stayed out of this thread until Cody died...

And it DOES seem like we've lost a lot of GT dogs recently...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest MySkye

I found this website a week before we lost Skye. I looked mostly at the Introductions and tried to read a few stories from this folder and ended up crying at work.

When I lost Skye, outside of my family, there were not many whom I trusted my raw emotions with and then I remembered this forum and immediately found a place for my anger, my hurt, my tears and some solace those first few awful days.

I feel better this week. The ache is still so huge, so tangible now. I still can't look at her picture, but I did take the dog bed cover that had her name embroidered on it (spoiled dog) and put that away. I can't look at her collar or leash and I think my DH must have moved her bowl because I don't think I could have beared that as well.

I will continue to make this page a part of my routine for as long as this site is up and running. I found comfort and solace in these pages and I hope that I can give just a small part of that back.

Warmly,

Skye's Mommy

We are losing way too many of our beloved puppers. It just breaks my heart every time I see another post. I know it's part of the circle of life, but I wish we could delay the outcome just one more day, one more month, one more year.

Argghhhh. I hate to cry.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

:(:(:( Do we ever get over this horrible pain? :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BellaDonna1
:(  :(  :( Do we ever get over this horrible pain?  :(

1617137[/snapback]

I was thinking that too. I still cry everyday over my three girls and eveybody else that has felt this pain. and it HURTS :(

Guest OnecoRose

Chloe 12-03-04 she was almost 12. Whenever I read the threads on remembrance I tear up and think of her. I do however, have my Misty now. I love her so.

Guest makosmom

1617137[/snapback]

Never. Three years and counting since I lost my beloved Mako. Still cannot talk about him, or even type his name, without tears.

1617137[/snapback]

There seem to be an awful lot of sweet babies crossing the Bridge lately. I can't bring myself to cry for my Sissy, going through chemo for a cancer that will no doubt cause us to have to say goodbye sooner than I'd like. The fact that we know they all have to go sometime, that we all gave them many lifetimes of love in the time they are with us, the fact that they touch our hearts in ways we cannot even fathom, doesn't seem to help much sometimes. The best I can do is cry for the losses of others here. I feel I know your dogs from all the wonderful stories, and I thank you for letting me share a little part of your beautiful dogs' lives.

When my Fox crossed over last year, I made this page. Reading these words really helped me a lot, and I hope they can help someone else feel a little bit better:

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/john505/loss.html

"Life is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

Hooversmom

Guest lakelandgreys

I've not lost mine but as I was reading these I thought of Jan and what she goes through with the MSGAO. Then I saw her post. I see how each has suffered and grieved over the loss of their precious babies and I grieve with each one. :grouphug

Guest dustinsmom

I agree it's just too many in such a short period of time...

Our group just lost

Buckeye 14 years old

Tracey 12 years old

Dillon 9 years old.

Cassie 5 Years old

Run free Sweethearts! :gh_run

My friends have lost 3 dogs in a little over a year.

Sarah Leigh 13

Niles 12

Skylar 9, just last week.

All three died the same day they took sick.

When we read those posts, we sad for the losses, but we learn to appreciate what we have. We never know how long they will be here with us.

Each one holds a piece of our hearts. I share the sorrow of each loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest FullMetalFrank

There have been so many lately; and it always takes me back to the day I lost Iberia and the incredible pain and sadness. My heart breaks all over again for those who have lost their babes. I am glad that we have a place to come and share our losses and vent our grief; and pay our respects to others who have lost family members.

Loss is a part of life; but knowing that doesn't do a thing to ease the pain...

Guest DaffyToons

1617137[/snapback]

I really don't think so. They leave such a pawprint on our hearts that can never be erased, nor do I want it to be. :paw It has been almost 2 1/2 years since I lost my Lexi, and my voice still cracks when I recount the story to someone. :brokenheart I know that I will never, ever get over it.

I really do like to come into the Remembrance forum to offer the support I can to those who have recently lost one of their beloved, not that I can be of any help since I end up crying all over again. But if I can ease that awful initial pain (and it IS a physical, searing pain in the center of your heart), then that's what I do. It's just nice to exchange shoulders, I guess. :dunno

I always check out Remembrance first before anything else. My first ever post was here :( I'm not always good at finding the right words to try to give a little comfort to somebody who's pain I know only too well, but I know from losing my Boyz that just to know that somebody else is thinking of you in your dark times gives comfort.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

It is, unfortunately, so true. I wish all the humans and pups left behind white light and peace.

:f_pink

D

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest Remembering_Trudy

I found this site the day after I lost Trudy... My first post was here in Remembrance. My user name was thought up that day. I'll probably never change it or my avatar pic of her.

Does the pain ever go away? I don't think so. It's only been a year and a half for me and I was just crying about her. My heart hurts today. :brokenheart

:cry1

And a :grouphug: for everyone else experiencing this pain.