Goodbye Sweet Hope

Guest jen1422

Guest jen1422

Ladies, I am still a mess so this wont get very long.

When I adopted Hope, I picked her up after her spay. I was informed by the vet that she had heartworms but they would start her treatment when I brought her back in to have her stitches cut out. The wonderful ladies at MSGAO didnt know about the heartworms until I got home and sent Jan a message.

We brought her back in, they started her treatment, and we picked her back up two days later. I had to give her a pain pill twice a day and of course, keep her still for a month.

I was at work Saturday morning and my husband calls me, frantic, yelling that Hope had stopped breathing. He rushed her to the animal hospital but it was too late. My sweet Hope was gone.

She was not allowed to run around. She spent most of her time cuddling with Zeus. We took her out to potty on a leash. I thought we did everything right.

I had her for 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS. I loved her so much already. She loved to give kisses, unlike Zeus. She finally learned to leave the cats alone. She was part of our family.

Why did this have to happen? She was way too young to go. She was only 2! A puppy!

I miss you Hope. Everytime I think of you I will have nothing but fond memories. You were such a sweet girl. Ian still asks where "Ho' doggie" is. Zeus sniffs around for you when he goes out into the yard. Your bed still sits there next to Zeus'.

We love you sweet girl.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug Heaven needed another special angel... know that she was cherished in your loving care, and is now fully whole and healthy at the Bridge. Godspeed, sweet Hope. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Greymom

I am so very sorry for this tragedy. All I can say is heaven needed another angel. My prayers go out to you during this very difficult time. :f_white:grouphug

Guest MySkye

My prayers and thoughts with you and your family this week.

We lost a sweet girl too soon this week, my Skye!

The touching statement that made my spirits lift a little this week was "Run Far, Run Free, Sweet Skye" so for you dear one...

"Run Far, Run Free Sweet, Sweet Hope"

Guest BrockGusDad

I'm so sorry, Jenn. My admiration for the three short weeks of love and kisses that you were able to give her.

Godspeed sweet Hope.....

Guest joedogs_mom

i am so sorry for your loss. we recently adopted coco, who i'm sure you must have seen at the kennel. she is a young girl, too. i know this must be so hard. please know that there are lots of local hugs coming your way.

laura

memphis, tn

Guest littlemouse1958

A quote from Steel Magnolias that is so true:

Shelby: I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Sweet Hope :f_white:grouphug . Run free sweet girlie :gh_run

Guest ChrissyB

You gave her soooo much love in those 3 weeks. She gave you herself as well. It was a perfect match.

Remember---she is never very far away.