I Miss...

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest Gogh4It

I was just over in Off Topic reading about the Remembrance forum...I try to check it every day or night...and I remember reading this once before.

I know I feel the same way...sometimes I'll get out old albums & look at Sadie-Greys pictures...none of them are where I can post them except for 1...She was my very first greyhound...and none have compared since then.

Its ironic, I am in a room with 9 greyhounds right now & 4 cats & I still miss her, Bool, Brogan, Racer, Picadilly & even little Bones.

But there here, in my heart & in my memory & nothing can take that away.

Thank you Amanda....I appreciate this. Hilda

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

Oh Amanda, you had the most powerful connection with Harley that a person could have. :grouphug I know your heart aches and you miss him so much, I wish love didn't hurt soo much but I guess then it wouldn't be love. He's still with you and I can assure you he'll be in heaven awaiting your arrival, he wouldn't miss that for ANYTHING. :grouphug

Guest how888

Amanda, those words touched my heart. Thank you. What memories we all have and share on this site. Harley will live on in your heart forever and your post touched my soul. :( I want to come to Sedona all the more. :grouphug

Guest Baloos_Mom

WOW! Amazing tribute! My Nikita (Rottweiler) was much like that to me. She was only 9 when I helped her cross the bridge. March 23, 2001. She was with me when my twins came home from the hospital one at a time. She loved them and protected them just like she had always done for me. I didn't know how to honor her the way she had always honored me but as we drove home from burrying her I told my husband to take me to the Animal Protective League. I signed up to volunteer in her honor. I did that for 3 years and because of doing that I met Rose who had been doing some rescuing on her own, I then started a site for her "Rose's Rescue" and then we decided to make it bigger and better when politics took over the APL and it was no longer about the animals. So over the last 5 years I have done what I do in Baby Nikita Chiquita bananna puppy silly girl's honor! Maybe some day I will try to write a tribut to her like you did for Harley. :grouphug:cry1

Guest neenieca

I'm so sorry for your loss. I got the feeling, reading your post, that he knew exactly how much you loved him. Run free, sweet boy. Your mama misses you.

• 1 month later...

ideara' date='Aug 18 2005, 02:51 PM' post='1608592']

Tissues again, where are my tissues :crying

That was a beautiful, amazing piece of writing which made me go for the tissues except I couldn't find any so I grabbed a tea towel instead to blow my nose and wipe my eyes (I'll put it in the wash in a bit promise!)

Seriously though the only animal loss I've suffered is my cat in 1993 and I still get upset about that years later. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel when my two go to the bridge (6 and 7) but I read these posts and cry for everyone else's loss. I'm so sorry for your loss but I suppose the only thing we can console ourselves is with the fact that all our greys had fab lives with comfy sofas, lots of scritches and tons of (where's the tea towel) unconditional love.

Take care :)

Guest DoneRacin

What beautiful memories, I cried from beginning to end. I wasn't a member when you first posted it, so this is my first time seeing it.

Your bringing it back and adding to it has reassured me that my memories of my Mattie Girl will never die.

What a beautiful tribute to your special boy.

:f_red

• 2 months later...
Guest guinness_the_greyt

Dear Harley boy,

It's been hard the last couple days.... Taking out all the Christmas stuff.... I draped your scarf around the TV... Brooklyn thought it should be hers and tried desperately to get at it. I put your stocking up... You always loved Christmas with all the extra people coming over... you always got to strut around and woo them with your crooked smile.

I put your Xmas picture right beside the tree... Kati blew it up to an 8x10 and gave me the most fabulous frame on Thanksgiving. I didn't cry... I smiled and told stories of you goofy ever swuishing butt! I wish I had known that would be the last time you'd don that scarf in those pictures... I would have made them take more and not been so cheap with one pic of you Beeber and Guinn and one pic of you alone. Guess something told me that day to get a picture of you solo.... I remember the people were amazed that I would want your picture alone and not the greyhounds.... pffft.... Silly people didn't realize you were the most amazing animal I've ever known.... You were beyond words.... You were just Harley.

I have to tell you... I've been so strong without you now.... David told me it's been almost a year since I talked to you in my sleep. It used to be when the hounds stirred I would call out to you, hold my blanket up and pull you close. It's always been David's mutt Sheldon that swoops under the covers... My heart feels better in some ways that I don't call out for you. The subconsious can be unforgiving at times. I admit that there is a part of me that feels bad that my subconsious has also let you go.

I had a moment this morning... I guess that's why I have to get it out now... It's struck me all day. While at the gym I ran into a guy I haven't seen in 5 years... We used to work together and he had helped move furniture at our old house. He immediately asked about you.... and before I could say the words... he went on and on about how you were the coolest dog he had ever met.... how he and his wife got a pit-mix in hopes of having a dog like you.... but there could be only one Harley... one defender of the universe... one dog with crooked teeth and an underbite that looked handsome... one dog that could see right through you... one best friend of all time. I held my head down and cried. I can't seem to wrap my mind around it.... why it hurts again so much today. Maybe it's remembering how special you were to so many people... How you changed everyones mind about pitties.... Or maybe it's the holiday.... Or the fact that it'll be 2 years on 12/27 since you passed.... I just can't get my mind around it. Hopefully tomorrow will fill me with memories of your silliness so I can let go of this pain.

I still miss you... my very best friend. You were so special to so many people... but most of all to me.

I promise to never forget you.... you are forever. And I promise to finally get you an urn... it's time. I should have done it long ago.... But I guess closure isn't my strong point.

Always loving you,

:heart

• 1 year later...
Guest guinness_the_greyt

Harley boy...

In a couple days it will be 3 years my friend.... and I still miss you so much.

You were one in a million. One of those special dogs that wormed their way into every one of my friends hearts...

I will never forget you... you will always be my very best friend.

I will love you always... :sad1

Xmas2004.jpg