I Miss...

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest blastsmom

Amanda

Harley was such a sweet baby........I know how you are feeling... I had my Ramsey put down on 4/15 this year.... my 14 yr old beagle......and, boy, do I feel it EVERY day! I miss him so very much. Your tribute was just so perfect, it brought me to tears. Ramsey would have turned 15 on Aug 24... that will be a tough day for us here.... he was my bestest friend ever!!!!!

Terri

Blastsmom

(Bullett & Leo too)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stocktonlakeguy

Wife just came in and asked why I was sitting here crying in front of the computer. I don't know you, or your boy, but those were beautiful words. I am so sorry you have lost your buddy.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Here are some Easter pictures I found from a few years ago....

The Harley Bunny....

HarleyRabbit1.jpg

Brother Bunnies.... See Guinn in the background!

harleyrabbit2JPG.jpg

Double Bunny Ears....

harleyrabbit3.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my "non-greyhound". It definitely helps my heart.

Guest jettcricket

....that's the only down side in having pets....my friends and family say that my pets are treated better than some kids. I look at it this way, compared to our lives there only here a little while. Why not spoil them? They bring so much joy and laughter and unconditional love...they truly are a gift from God. I know exactly how you feel....some days are tougher then others, but you know that they never truly leave us....they are always there in our hearts. What a beautiful and lucky boy his was to have had someone that loved him as much as you did.....:heart

Edited by jettcricket

I am so sorry; i know how you feel, Amanda. I still miss my Beansy, and it will be 8 years tomorrow since she left at age 16 :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Tissues again, where are my tissues  :crying

1608592[/snapback]

Yes, my thoughts exactly. My shirt sleeve worked to wipe the constant tears through this entire tribute. You are so lucky to have had a dog that into you and your emotions. We have one here, too. Though we love them all to pieces, our girl Chaos is just "that dog", that will take so much of Paul and I (and the other dogs) with her when she goes. We just hope she hangs on for a long while.

Hugs to you. I'm sure Harley is embarrased hearing you describe his farts! :blush

Could we have a picture of Harley?  I'd love to have a face to put with those words!

1608796[/snapback]

Harley hated to have anything pointed at him... it was another one of his weird and wonderful quirks... So I have few pictures of him. I bought a digital camera a few days before he died... and I got the best pic I ever took of him....

5930ce1b.jpg

1608812[/snapback]

Oh my goodness, what a HANDSOME boy!!!!!!!! I just love those white eye lashes! :blush What a lucky guy to be loved like that.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

yes they do...

But had I not had such a wonderful friend for all those years... look at what I never would have had.

I also wouldn't have gotten into greyhounds... I was looking for a breed that would be a large dog but still very gentle around my arthritic boy...

The biggest thing I got from Harley was finally knowing what it was like to get and to give unconditional true love.

I will forever be thankful for him.

:sad1

Edited by guinness_the_greyt

• 1 month later...
Guest guinness_the_greyt

before I went out tonight I yelled at Brooklyn for growling at you!!!!

But it was Guinness she was growling at....

so Guinn ran to me and buried his head deep into my chest... as if he knew... we both missed you....

and I held him tight.... and he fell into me... we missed you and wished you here....

I'll never forget you.... you are my best friend....

and you were Guinn's mentor....

you are forever.

• 1 month later...
Guest guinness_the_greyt

I don't know what possessed me to re-read this thread.... I guess since it's been a year... or rather it will be a year on 12-27.

I remember what it felt like when I wrote this a few months ago... I hope to never feel that way again... My heart hurt so badly for my friend... I would have given everything for one more day with him.

Time really does heal the heart. I still miss all those things about Harley... but there isn't the tears and the tissues and the incredible feeling of loss.

• 7 months later...
Guest guinness_the_greyt

Dear Harley,

Today I got out the boxes of pictures throughout the years.... I wanted to relive my younger days of silliness... But instead I found pictures of you. You never wanted me to take your picture... unwilling to have anything pointed at you. Im not surprised that random pictures of me always find you in the photo planted at my feet! So I went to the store and bought you a book.... for our memories...

When I put the pictures in... I realized how you grew up with me. How chaotic those first few years were.... But you always stood by me through it all. Such patience... always believing in me... even when I didn't believe in myself.

In the pictures I watch us age... I had forgotten how you had deep black diamonds around your eyes.... The face of a joker. And what a clown you were. In my mind you always had the soleful white face and the bright almond eyes that saw everything. But in the end your eyes betrayed us both... slipping into a milky haze.

I am glad that neither of us had to watch you fail.... watch you loss your strength. As much as it hurts me to remember when you left me.... I am trully glad it was without warning. That you were strong and full of life until the day I returned from dinner and found you broken.... a shell of my friend. I also am grateful that we were able to say goodbye.... And I pray that one day I will see you again. If I reach heaven and you aren't there I don't intend to stay.

I had to find this thread tonight... my head swimming with thoughts of you. I was taken aback when I didn't remember your joker eyes.... I had to find this to see if I had forgotten any of the things that I miss so badly about you. I didn't foget.... I miss them as much today as I did then. The only difference is I no longer long to find you on the other side of the door when I slip the key into the lock.

You will always be my best friend.... my handsome man....

I promise to never forget.

xoxo,

:heart

:bighug:bighug:bighug Amanda :bighug:bighug:bighug

BIG cyberhug going out to you, Amanda :sad1:sad1

Harley certainly was a very, very special friend. It's amazing how big a spot in our hearts these guys can fill :wub: -- and never, ever to leave :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway