Goodbye Angel In The Skies

Guest MySkye

Guest OnecoRose

Welcome to you, and so sorry to hear of your loss. Dec 3 we lost our lst grey female to OS, I know how you feel. Sending prayers, and your pup will meet my Chloe at the bridge.

I am so sorry. :( Run free and young with our Angels...they will guide you sweet Skye. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry :sad1

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest LadyChester

Lori ... know that you did the kindest thing you could for your sweet girl. She is pain-free now and at peace. Godspeed dear Angel Skye :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug

Guest MySkye

So let me tell you a little about my girl, the wonderful things so the OS can be overshadowed by her soul and spirit.

I adopted her in Fall of 99 from Greyhounds Friends West, in CT. I went to look at a boy, but he was sooooo big and bouncy and a little scarey, mind you my first dog! So I walked a few dogs and thought they were all fine, but this little fawn of a girl sat way back in her kennel and the kennel mom said, "she isn't the one for you, she is quiet and forlong" and the minute I looked into those brown eyes, my heart was hers and hers was mine. I loaded her up in a friends borrowed truck and home to Rhode Island we went. She farted for about 3 hours and I told her that girls don't fart, they blow daisy's out their butts! We had a grand time over the next few years, Christmas Stockings, Halloween Costumes, painted pink nails, long walks, short runs, movie days, quiet times and scarey run to the vet times when she got a boo boo. I would start to howl and she would chime in and my neighbors thought we were NUTS. No matter how many times I would make that bed with all those pillows, she would just unmake that bed and move those pillows and make herself right at home in the middle of that bed. I am one of those pathetic dog moms that allowed her to sleep with me in bed, when I met my husband and married in 2003 she was not to pleased that someone was on HER SIDE of the bed! We compromised and bought her a bed and slid it right in the room with us, she seemed to accept this adjustment but she always knew when he was on travel that she was sleeping in the big bed and she would become legs and elbows all night long! She had "dragon breath" as we affectionately would come to term in. She would let me brush her teeth with an electric toothbrush and this seemed to cut down on the vet visits for her teeth! One of my favorite memories is taking her across Long Island Sound via the ferry to see my mom, and this was maybe a week after I got her and we got to the bottom of the stairs this angel and I and she looked up those big daunting, metal stairs and looked at me with those doe eyes, and yup you guessed it, I picked her up and carried her 55 pound butt up two flights of ferry stairs. She just laid her head on my shoulder and knew that I would always do right be her. I hope she knew that Tuesday, that I would always do right by her.

I love you Skye girl! Mommy is right here thinking of you everyday, loving you just as much as when I could kiss you right on that little nose of yours just a few short days ago. I would give the world to be able to do that one more time Skye girl, but we never skimped on kisses you and I, and I know you have some saved up until we meet again! Have fun today my girl! Mommy will get better knowing you are safe and whole and marvelously loved!

I couldn't finish your story/tribute to Skye because tears were streaming down my face and I am at work. I will read it later at home. I am sorry that you lost your girl. Take care.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

What a lovely tribute to your girl :)

I'm very sorry to read about her passing :cry1

On 13th July this year, I lost my four year old greyhound to bone cancer (in his case, a fibrosarcoma).

I hope you'll take a very small amount of comfort from knowing that Skye will be rushing around up at The Bridge with my Maddison and all the others who went before and after - biding their time until we all meet again.

And now, I've made myself cry :crying

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!