Zelda

Guest greymouse

I am so sorry. I am sure that the time she spent with you is filled with the most wonderful memories and I know that you did the very best for her. She will live forever in your heart. Run free sweet Zelda. :f_pink:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greybecca

Oh Lois, I can't even begin to imagine how painful this loss is, since I am just broken up over it and seeing her beautiful face with those gorgeous amber eyes in my mind's eye :weep:weep:weep

I am so glad that Zelda got so much special attention at the recent walks we've had and so glad I had a chance to hug her so many times in the past 2 weeks. Like Jen, I had a bad feeling Saturday at the walk but because it is so upsetting I was in denial too.

My heart goes out to you, and you can bet that Zelda will not be forgotten. Run free sweet Zelda, your pain is all gone now, we miss you here but know that you are running like the wind.

Everyone, this is Zelda and her Mom together.

:weep:gh_run:bighug:f_white

post-6680-1124219183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greybecca

Guest Greybecca

This is Zelda at one of the recent walks lying on her bed, and the face in the bottom right corner is my Checker who had to sniff her once in a while.

post-6680-1124219406_thumb.jpg

Guest Rhonda

I'm so sorry for you loss. Chipper, Olympia (not a grey) and I had hoped to come to one of the walks as we live in London but were unable to. I am glad so many others could make it. Take care.

Rhonda

Guest 2furkids2cats

:sad1

Our condolences...I know words cannot properly express the pain or sense of loss you feel.

Because you loved your girl and took good care of her, the day will eventually come when you can think of Zelda and smile, and the memory will not be tinged with sadness...it will just take time.

Our hearts go out to you,

"Tony", Jess, Dexter, Josie f_yellow

Guest greymouse

Rebecca, thank you very much for posting the pictures of Zelda. It is so good to see her, and remember that walk. She was still so happy and full of life. Hard to believe they were only taken twelve days ago.

She looks so good in Megan's pictures, too, although the change is evident. I still can't believe that she was gone a day and a half later.

Edited by greymouse

Guest greyhound_bug

We just got these pictures developed today and even I found them very hard to look at as its hard to believe that shes gone.

Our prayers are with you Lois and family! This is a very rough time for you all but you will get through it...only time can heal your wound.

Zelda was a greyt girl and she loved you more than you can imagine. You gave her the best year of her life.

Run free sweet Zelda...Run like the wind. :gh_run2

We miss you sweetheart!!!

post-8988-1124245635_thumb.jpg

Guest DaffyToons

My heart breaks once again, along with yours. :brokenheart You gave Zelda all the love and affection she could ask for, as well as a forever home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Godspeed, Zelda . . . .

Guest Greybecca
We just got these pictures developed today and even I found them very hard to look at as its hard to believe that shes gone.

Our prayers are with you Lois and family! This is a very rough time for you all but you will get through it...only time can heal your wound.

Zelda was a greyt girl and she loved you more than you can imagine. You gave her the best year of her life.

Run free sweet Zelda...Run like the wind. :gh_run2

We miss you sweetheart!!!

1606537[/snapback]

That really is a gorgeous picture!

Guest Winterwish

I'm very sad to read of your loss.I'm so sorry.Zelda is beautiful,and she's safe & free from pain at the bridge.Run free Zelda honey ~ :f_pink:grouphug:f_pink

Guest morristahlgreys

I've been talking to Lois today about how we can help Zelda to leave a legacy that will help others in their fight against osteosarcoma. If I figure out how, I'll start a new thread titled "Zelda's Legacy" in the Remembrance forum.

Zelda's family dared to love her. It takes courage to love because love always means grief - in time. But good always come out of love.

Inge

What an amazing tribute to a beautiful tuxedo girl who so obviously touched SO MANY peoples' hearts.

What a very lucky girl she was, and you were to have her, for the last year. I can't imagine how wonderful it felt for her to know love, even if for that short of a time.

Zelda left to the Rainbow Bridge with a whole heart, and she will wait for you and love you until the day comes when you can meet again.

Rest well, Zelda!

Guest morristahlgreys
I am so sorry.  Run free, sweet Zelda. 

f_yellow  f_yellow  f_yellow  f_yellow

Jeanne

Mandy, Mack, Charlie and Mason

1612683[/snapback]

Zelda was a friend of mine and I wanted to help her family so I planned an event that we are calling Zelda's Legacy. I have found things like this to be healing and at the same time they can help further research or treatment.

Check out my plan under Remembrance and titled Zelda's Legacy. Then please consider organizing your own walk and invite your grey and non-grey friends to walk with you. It is easy to do and I can help with advice. Whether you end up walking alone, with a few friends or a whole crowd, you can make a difference.

Inge