Lola Montez

Guest macdaddy

Guest macdaddy

On Saturday I picked up five greys in the Pocconos and transported them for about two hours on a relay from Shoreline to Nittany Greyhounds in State College, Pa. One of the five was a sweet little thing named Lola Montez, a small white female with brindle patches. She had a broken leg still in a cast and had been spayed several days prior to the trip. She was very quiet and sweet during the trip, growled only twice when other dogs got near her broken leg and rested her head on my leg and allowed herself to be petted. After getting a bath and nails done she went to her foster home where she ate, played, interacted with the other greys and seemed to be doing just fine. She was checked on and was ok at 3am but passed away prior to 7am when everyone got up. We think it may have been a blood clot. I feel so sad that her life was cut short, she was only 2 and 1/2, but she did have love and care during her last day. Run free Lola... :gh_run2:candle

Run free sweet Lola. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Very sad... :brokenheart Godspeed, little girl. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest auntiesara

Please express our condolences to Lola Montez' new family. How heartbreaking, but at least her last moments were happy.

Sara and Charlie

:( Run free sweet Angel...I am so sorry. :(:grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KennelMom
:cry1Run free sweet Lola. I'm sorry you never got to know the softness of your own couch....I'm sure there is one for you at the Bridge...