Lexie, My Sweet Girlie Cat

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

I've waited a few days to post this. My sweet Lexie, diva cat has gone to to bridge. She was 10 years old and suffered from asthma. Lexie was a Jersey shore cat -- we found each other on Long Beach Island. She was an odd looking little thing -- barely larger than a square tissue box. But, we needed each other. She had unque markings for a tortie...her face was patchwork. Lexie had seen me through some rough times in my life -- she was here long before DH and the greys.

She loved to sit on my lap as I worked. Lexie was a talker. We'd chat and chat. Lexie preferred to observe the silly boy cats at play. Although she always loved to 'kill' those mini stuffie mice.

A tragedy of events took place this past Thursday. She was attacked by lil Missy, the ( what we thought ) newest member of the Black Pack. (Li'l Missy was tested cat tolerant but she must have cheated on her test She was taken to a new home that night thanks to the efforts of Pocono Greyhound Adoption.)

DH took Lexie and me to the vets. There was little hope -- she went peacefully in our arms ... her labored breathing stopped at 7:27pm. No pain, no asthma -- run free Lexie and be sure to keep all those greyhounds in line at the bridge!

The house is deafeningly quiet now -- no chatters from the feline diva princess.

Love always,

your girl

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy. Chase those butterflies at the Bridge Sweetheart. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl. Godspeed Lexie, your mama loved you more than you know. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Houndmama

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What you experienced is a cat lover's worst nightmare and my heart breaks for you.

I pray that the sweet memories and the blessed times you shared with your sweet Lexie will soon replace the grief you must be feeling now.

May her sweet spirit fly so free! May your broken heart soon heal.

f_yellow

I'm sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Godspeed, Lexie! You were a Long Beach Island kitty . . . . that means you were beyond special. Please say hi to Ashes and Tigger for me.

:f_white:f_white:f_white

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota