• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wish mine had black heads, I dig picking

1578115[/snapback]

All I can say is... :sick

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Ok... I hope posting this isn't too nasty, but is this what you're talking about?

blackhead1.jpg

Close up? Its nasty! eww!!

is this a bad case of them? and how do i get rid of them? do i seriously pick them? i'm not grossed out by it but wouldn't that hurt? Is there a less painful way?

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Yep Dazzle you definitely got some blackheads a brewin!!!

And no its not a realllllly bad case.... some hounds fresh off the track have it really bad.

But like any skin problem you would want to take care of it... What I do with a hound that has it (and like people some fight blackheads for life) I use a warm soapy wash cloth and give it a good scrub. Then I will expell them...

You'll have to do it often at first to get rid of the area. But over time his skin will clear up. But like I said before like some people some hounds have larger pores.

Good luck!!!

It's a dirty job girl... but somebody has to do it!!!! :lol

Edited by guinness_the_greyt

This thread is hilarious :lol.

However it makes me not feel as weird because yes I picked too!!! :o

Milky Way had a big clump of them when I first got him, a few warm soapy compresses with extractions and they where gone. Since then I haven't really seen any one or two here or there but thats it. They are gross looking though and had to go!

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest greyt_parents

Hi, my name is Sheri and I am a multiple picker... Three pupperoni's give me lots to pick at...I even picked at my bridge boy Tex's belly blackheads... even managed to clean it all up...

I really did think I was alone on this one... I am so relieved to know that I am not alone...

No, those aren't bad at all!!! Diesel's were much, much bigger and more inflamed (and a larger area of them) when we first got him as a foster.

After compresses, and yes, picking, it looks SOOOOO much better. The infected ones are gone, and so are all of the really nasy big black ones. I can rub his belly and it doesn't feel like a gravel pit anymore!! :colgate

Sully didn't have any when he came,and still doesn't, so he's never been picked at. :P

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest lat41065

OMG out of fostering 50 greys and owing 5 I had never seen such a thing till this last foster and had NO IDEA what it was. I am sure she will be very unhappy in the AM when I check it out. I wil lthen determine if I am a picker or not and report then. I am suspect I will be as the patch of black has been driving me nuts. Thanks for the pic. L

Guest GreytsMom

Great Scott..this is a hilarious thread!! We have them, too and I'm not a picker!!! Gross.... So I volunteer PJay to anyone who is having withdrawls due to a lack of picking!!!

I'm B.J.

and I'm a picker!!! Black Jack has a few, he's a good boy and just lay's there while I squeeze them out.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Actually I'm a nose picker too...

Major gets big boogies in his nose.. I'm talking people boogers, big green ones :yikes

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Zophia
Actually I'm a nose picker too...

Major gets big boogies in his nose.. I'm talking people boogers, big green ones :yikes

1582447[/snapback]

EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!

Eye boogers here, but not nose boogers. :puke

Guest bobcatjake

:jaw ::laughing:: oh you guys are to funny. I had to go check Jake out. He does not have any that I can see....lol...my DH would have to have the honor of picking

kathy :rolleyes:

Guest ChasesMum

yep that pic is exactly it!

not a horrific case though... but bad enough for me to not be able to leave it alone...

ok eww nose boogers??? I didnt know dogs could get that! I also have eye boogered dogs... yuk.

• 2 years later...
Guest MaryJewers

I'm so happy I found this site. I've been squeezing all day!!! I was worried I was doing something very very bad so I looked for info and found all of you... pickers. PHEW! I'm a foster home and I was told not to pick. I also work at a medi spa as an esthetician so I HAD to pick. I just want to say you've all made my day. Thanks

Guest JohnnyBell

I'm a picker too. I find it easier if you gently pinch with you tumb and pointer finger and genly but firmly roll the skin. The yucky goop gets squeezed out :puke .

Guest argolola

Ok, I admit in advance that I am going to be a picker.

I found some things on Lola and now I know what they are! Let the picking begin.

When Polli came off the farm, her underside espeically around her nipples had a lot of blackheads. I squeezed and I also applied a warm wash cloth and let it sit on her for a few minutes and I would then, just gently wipe with the wash cloth which acted like an exfolient and now she has none! My others don't have any.

ETA- Eye boogies, all the time, especially my Birman cats!

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project