Are You A Blackhead Picker?

Guest ChasesMum

Guest ChasesMum

Hi...my name is Karen and I'm a picker.

:blush

its just so nasty!

COMEON ADMIT IT! You know you are a picker too.... :lol;)

Seriously though...... is there anything I can do for them?

Edited by Chases Mum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mleg2001

Not recently, but with Callie yes, when she arrived her underside was a solid black mass, it took a 1 1/2 years to clean her up

Okay, first Ewwwww!

Now... I've read that picking is one of the only ways to get rid of the pre-existing ones and then you can sort of control them with wasing away oils and dirt regularly etc

I'm SO glad mine don't have this problem though YUCKY! :blink:

Though, Gingko did have a funny boobie-pimple a few weeks back, luckily I didn't have to do anything nasty for it to go away!

Guest kbone

I get paid to pick :yay !! I'm the master extractor!!! Yes the only way to get rid of blackheads is byy GENTLY squeezing them out! Don't be using your nails!! wash, scrub, steam, and squeeze. You could go get a deep cleansing facial, if the person knows what they are doing it could help a lot!

Guest Greensleeves

Wonder how a grey would respond to a Biore strip! :lol Actually, I'm half serious. I think I might try it if I had a serious case here.

I have to admit (and I've never done this in all my 31 years! :eek), but count me in! (is there a cringy emoticon?) The big delight of the week was a sebaceous cyst on Nelly's ear that worked its way to a head....

Eew, I know... can't be helped. Ugh.

Guest minzenon

Ok my vet has told me that the blackheads are actually ingrown hairs that then accumulate dirt and stuff. The hairs on the greys underbody are very soft and when they lay on them it can force the folicle to bend back on itself thus creating the blackhead and he also said the only effective way to get rid of them was to gently squeeze them out. So there you go sqeeze til your little hearts are content and the dogs are free from blackheads :D

Well, as all of us girls know ;) squeezing them risks infection, the best way is washing with warm soapy water and then applying regular warm compresses.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest Zophia

I've only ever had to do one on Dandy's belly. So far. Tweaze that core out, and all gone. He roaches so often, though, that it's a trivial matter to wash his belly with a pet wipe now and then, so he hasn't gotten any new ones since arriving here.

Guest Cindy_Messmore
Wonder how a grey would respond to a Biore strip! :lol  Actually, I'm half serious.  I think I might try it if I had a serious case here.

I have to admit (and I've never done this in all my 31 years! :eek), but count me in! (is there a cringy emoticon?)  The big delight of the week was a sebaceous cyst on Nelly's ear that worked its way to a head....

Eew, I know... can't be helped.  Ugh.

1578160[/snapback]

At the risk of getting a scolding by someone.... I'll admit, I did use a Biore strip on Arnie's belly!! I got scared as soon as I put it on and took it right off. :lol But, I am going to do it again and leave it on this time.

I had to clear Bella and Maisy both up by squeezing when they came. I tried to clear Chad's and he nearly bit me :yikes (only time he ever got angry with me). So Chad has a nasty belly, but I have all my fingers and no marks on my face.

Guest 2deer1cow

OH GOD! I am SUCH A PICKER! Our foster dog has a whole clump of them on his belly and I am after him all the time. my husband HATES it.

I use hot compresses and then pick pick pick. Then I wash and dry and offer treats.

It is frustrating now because I have had abdominal surgery and can't get down on the ground to pick him. My husband won't do it and I swear my foster (Chachi) rolls over in a cockroach all time just to MOCK ME!

I can't wait until I feel better.

Guest greytsallyb

omg, didnt know they could get blackheads! i am going to search now and maybe i will be a picker too!! be a picker, wouldnt you like to be a picker too?

Guest ChasesMum

AH HA! I knew I wasnt alone! LMAO

Dazzleme/GreytSallyB, if its a patch of black pinhead spots on the chest then YES that's what it is (well most likely). Watch though, my boy has black nips and they would NOT be appreciated to be squeezed LOL

He is such a good boy too, lets me pick away. Dh is grossed out beyond all comprehension ;)

Edited by Chases Mum

Guest onefinegrey
Well, as all of us girls know ;)  squeezing them risks infection, the best way is washing with warm soapy water and then applying regular warm compresses.

1578274[/snapback]

Spoken like a true waxee! :lol:lol

:huh Seriously, though, I don't know about all this greyhound blackhead business. I've never noticed anything like that... :huh

Oh man am I a picker! It's kind of theraputic in a way - disgusting, but therapudic!

Stoney came to me with HORRID blackheads on his belly, they were gone in 2 months, he also had bad butt zits (which were actually a bad staph infection - cleared up with oral and topical antibiotics - but there were also black heads which were picked...)

Guest ChasesMum

ok I couldnt get a good enough pic, plus his arent bad enough to really see anyways.

Any afffected hounds up for a pic??