Ikey The Cat Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest 2greygirls

Guest 2greygirls

My father called today, the cat he has raised from a kitten, and had for 19 years yes 19 years crossed over to the bridge today. He was at home, purring in my father's lap when he went. My dad knew it was coming, and had planned to take him to be PTS this week. He was a loyal companion to my father he slept with him every night, and was genereally a great little companion. My father took in an orphaned kitten last year, bottle feeding the poor thing even, so at least he is not alone. Ikey joins his brother, Mikey, who was waiting at the bridge for him.

Please send a little white light to my father who loves his animals so dearly.

run free Ike...say hi to that crazy Speck Cat for me. :f_pink

Guest ChrissyB

Sounds like your dad has an enormous heart for God's sweet animals.

I'll pray that the emptiness he feels will be replaced with warm, loving memories.

Guest tricolorhounds

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Ikey kitty. Time passes too quickly sometimes, doesn't it.

Our kitty Moonlight was 19 in March. It hardly seems that long ago that she was a kitten.

My condolences to your Father.

I am so sorry. :( Run free sweetie...and send your Daddy beautiful Rainbows. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jettcricket

Wow....19 years....although it never seems to be enough. My heart goes out to your Dad....it's so hard losing a beloved pet. Run free Ikey. Please tell my furbabies I love them and miss them. :(

Guest hamiesmom

So very sorry for your loss. I, too, dread the day that my little wild baby girl will go to the bridge but am comforted to know that she will be met there by all who have gone before. Lots of blessings to your Dad for his love for animals. :angelwings

Guest tygar

Awww... "Mike and Ike"...

Prayers for your father - I'm glad he was there to comfort Ike when he crossed over to the bridge.

So sorry for your father's loss of Ikey.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Pookie

My family experiencd something similar last year with the passing of our cat Smokey, she was 20. Ikey was so lucky to have found such a wonderful family to spend his life with. My condolences to your father.

Run free little one :f_white

Guest 2greygirls

just re -reading these, thank you all...my Dad is doing well, little Gummy ( Gumption) misses her old Uncle Ike. My father thinks he will find another kitty for her to play with. Ikey wasn't much of a player when it came to her, but he tolerated her youthful exuberance..I will miss seeing him when I get home.

Gumption is a bit of a miracle, and I believe she was sent to help my Dad after Ike left. She was born literally on his doorstep and then abandonmed by her mother minutes later.. he waited for a while to see if she would return, but it was cold, and the kitten wasn't moving..my Dad took her in and spent the next couple weeks bottle feeding her, even sneaking her into work so she would stay warm , and not miss a feeding. He really has a way with animals.

What a long and loving life old Ike led. I was 15 when he got those two kittens.

THank you all again for the warm wishes.