Clover (a.k.a. Dutch Meadow)

Guest Caninecrew

Guest Caninecrew

My beloved little girl Clover lost her battle with osteosarcoma on Friday, July 15th. She seemed to be doing reasonably well over the past month, but I came home from work on Thursday to discover that her affected leg was extremely swollen and she was obviously in a lot more pain than she had been up to now. I immediately called my vet and discussed the situation with him. Wade advised me that the tumour had probably gotten big enough that it was pressing on a lymph node and this was causing the fluid build-up. He let me know that there was very little that could be done.

I stayed with her all through the night, and it was obvious that she was in an extreme amount of pain, despite the increased doses of pain killers I was giving her. She couldn't get up or lie down without help and even when just standing, she would whimper. I knew how bad it was when she wouldn't eat and when she let me pick her up and carry her outside as needed.

Although I had wanted to help her on her final journey from the comfort of her home, it just wasn't possible because of Wade's schedule and because I had not yet made any arrangements - we just didn't expect this so soon. It was the worst car ride of my life, and I know that it increased her anxiety levels to be at the vet's. She never like it there and it is not what I wanted for her, but there was just no way to avoid it. When the final moment came, she was lying in my arms, with my DS and DH there beside her. After she was gone, we all shared some memories of her, including Wade who was sitting on the floor with us. It amazed me how much that helped.

Clover, our little Irish girl, came into our home on April 3, 2000 and her passing has left a huge void in our home and our hearts. She had an incredible presence and such a joyful spirit. I miss her so much that thinking about her sometimes takes my breath away. Her collar and lead are still hanging up in the laudry room with those of the boys - I just can't put them away yet. I'll wrap her tag collar around her urn when I bring it home.

I know that she was met at the bridge by Bucharoo Zoo (who loved her more than he ever loved any other hound) and Atticus, and I take comfort in the knowledge that she will welcome the rest of her crew when our time comes.

Run free my beautiful little girl.

Guest Winterwish

:( I'm so very sorry for your heartache. Clover sounds like such a dearheart :f_pink

You write so beautifully about her,anyone can tell she had heaven here on earth with you.Clover will always be with you in spirit until that precious time when you will see each other again. :gh_child:f_pink

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug You gave her the hardest but most loving gift possible... freedom from suffering. May you always feel her loving spirit with you. :beatheart Godspeed, beloved Clover.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry for your loss.

:f_white

Donna

Daisy & Lucky

& CoCo at the bridge

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm so sorry to hear that Clover has had to leave you :(

Play hard up there Clover, with Maddison & Lucky and all the others who would have been there to greet you.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest hannahmom

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

You granted Clover a swift passing surrounded by those who loved her. What a wonderful gift

:bighug

I am so sorry about Clover. :( Run free sweet baby girl...You are so loved... :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Clover. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Clover was such a sweet and pretty girl. This picture was taken on May 28th on her last outing. She is enjoying a piece of Tuna and Garlic Burpdog cake.

ba5d85735abd6c626b0735a44fbae664.jpg

This girl loved playgroup, she loved to run, and would until she was exhausted.

Run free my sweet God dog. We'll see you again. :gh_run

Clover keep watch over your family, and send them a sign to let them know you and your boys are okay. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.