Lucky

Guest LuckyMojo

Guest LuckyMojo

After several weeks of having a suspected brain tumour, i finally got the news i was dreading this morning. Lucky was found to have two huge tumours growing from her aorta and surrounding her heart.

She also had several large tumours inside her lungs and one of her lungs had partially collapsed and torn away from the diaphram.

There were several more smaller tumours in her kidneys, liver and bladder.

She also had tests for a pituitary tumour which were positive.

The vet felt she only had days left, so with a very heavy heart i had to help my baby over the bridge. She went to sleep very quickly and peacefully. But it broke my heart.

Lucky was a very happy energetic dog, with no health issues (despite having a rehoming vet check done by the group and also we had our vets do a health check when we got her). We only had her for 7 months and during that time she was the perfect dog! because of how beautiful and wonderful she was i will only ever have greyhounds!

The consellation is that during the 7 months she was with us she had the best life...plenty of sofa time, treats and was loved by us all.

the house doesnt feel right now, it feels like a family member is missing. This is all new to me as Lucky was my first dog...i have her beds, collars, leads and food all around the house ....but it doesnt feel right to move them.

Ive asked for her ashes to be returned to us...maybe i will feel better then.

post-8744-1121961356.jpg

post-8744-1121961408.jpg

I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug May your memories of Lucky's sweetness bring you comfort. Godspeed, precious girl... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest BrockGusDad

I am so sorry, Abi.

As to not moving her stuff, leave them for as long as you need. You may find that some will never be moved.

Godspeed, now forever perfect, Lucky.....

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave her lots of love during her time with you. No matter how long they are with us, it's never enough time.

When I lost Trevor, I left his things as they were until we moved to our new home. It helped me feel a little better.

Hugs,

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

I'm so sorry you didn't have more time with Lucky. Godspeed sweet girl :gh_run

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest jettcricket
I am so sorry, Abi.

As to not moving her stuff, leave them for as long as you need. You may find that some will never be moved.

Godspeed, now forever perfect, Lucky.....

1565766[/snapback]

I'm so sorry for your loss.....sounds like she had a wonderful life with you and your family. I know when I lost my first greyhound, Chance, I left his food stand and crate up for a while. I just couldn't put them away...it gave me some comfort, something that I could hold onto. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts..... :f_white

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Lucky. She was very beautiful and I'm glad she had you to love her and care for her even though it was only for a short time.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Lucky was very lucky to have found you and had a wonderful 7 months. Godspeed Lucky. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Greymom

Oh I am so very sorry for your loss. Even though your time together was short, you will have wonderful memories. She left this world knowing how loved, special and treasured she was. :grouphug:f_white

I read your other posts and was so hoping for a better outcome.

My prayers are with you at this sad time.

I'm glad Lucky had a gentle crossing.

:brokenheart:angelwings:f_pink

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

I'm so sorry Abi.

I had the pleasure of meeting Lucky this past weekend and she was a very beautiful and very happy girl.

It's so unfair :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I am so, so sorry. In time Lucky will lead you to another gentle soul who needs you. Try to take comfort in knowing how happy she was with you. Lucky is running pain free at the Rainbow Bridge, she is in very good company. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg