Shotgun Liz, 1 July 1990 - 23 June 2005

GreyhoundNan

I am so sorry. Once again my heart has been touched by a hound I never knew.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nan, I'm so sorry.... what a special tribute to a greygal who stole your heart. I just looked her up on your website, and wept. She's a lovely angel now, kicking it up with all the other bridge kids.

:bighug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I'm sorry, Nan. Your stories about her quintessential Liz self have always made me smile. Maybe that is what she is doing over the Bridge now -- bringing smiles to folks who need them.

Godspeed, honey bun.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry..all my sympathy.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Billy_thundersmom

I have tears streaming down my face as I write this! What a beautiful tribute you've written and a wonderful 4 years you have given this darling girl.

God speed, sweetheart, run free!

Guest GriffinsMom

What a beautiful tribute. I am weeping as I sit here at my desk. I remember seeing Liz in the videos you have posted on GT and admired her attitude and style.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

f_yellow

Nan I'm so sorry. :f_pink:grouphug

God Speed sweet Liz. :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Nan,

I am so very, very sorry that you had to make this painful decision. Liz sounds like a wonderful girl. If she is still here, please get her extra hugs and kisses from all the "greytalkers" that are sending her their love.

God Spped, sweet Liz! Run wild and pain free at the most beatiful place in creation.

Guest Houndmama

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Nan. I am so sorry for your loss.

Fare thee well Liz. May your spirit fly so free!

f_yellow

Guest PhillyPups

Nan,

I am trying to type between the tears, words can not describe how these ol gals come in and sort of sneak behind that wall we built around our hearts for them cause we don't think they will be with us long, and they even amaze us more, cause the love grows and they stay longer than we expect. Your world is a better place for having shared her journey, and ours is a better place for you having shared Lizzie with us. Liz was met by The Divine Ms. SugarBear who gave her a marshmallow, a butt sniff and they are now running in the clouds chasing marshmallow bunnies like the pups they are.

When we look at the sky tonight, there will be one star brighter, twinkling down on you, know it is your dear sweet Lizzie winking at you and telling you everything is okay and she loves you, and thanking you for giving her the greytest gift of love we can give our beloved companions, the gift of letting go when it is time.

Peace in your heart ~

You are giving her the greatest gift, the gift of peace and to be pain free.

No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough.

Run with the wind sweet Lizzie.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds