Shotgun Liz, 1 July 1990 - 23 June 2005

GreyhoundNan

I don't know much about her life before she came to us in April of 2001, except that she had three litters of pups and three of those were adopted out by the same adoption group Liz was. When she arrived and I went to pick her up at the holding kennel, she was brown and dirty and had no fur from her ribcage backward. She had on an orange plastic collar with the word LIZ written on it in marker, and as soon as I opened her crate to greet her she came charging out of it.

She was with us as a foster for about 6 months, from the end of April to the end of September, 2001. She did go stay with another family for a very short time because they thought about adopting her, but she was returned to us for not getting along well with their little dogs. She was in active heat for about 3 months due to a cyst on one of her ovaries. She had breath that could stop a truck. Since then, both the cyst and all of her teeth have been removed.

And one night she crawled into the bed with me and crawled under the comforter and into my heart.

She has done more and lived longer than any of us thought she would. The six months we expected after we adopted her became just shy of four years. She's been to book signings, seen the beach, eaten sushi, and been to the renn fest to have a turkey leg. She has been our alarm clock, both to prevent oversleeping and to remind me that it's 4:30 sharp, time for doggie tea.

She is my light and my love, and she's going to the bridge tonight. Her body can't keep up with her spirit anymore.

She's got a way

B. Joel

She's got a way about her

I don't know what it is

But I know that I can't live without her

She s got a way of pleasin'

I don't know what it is

But there doesn't have to be a reason anyway

She's got a smile that heals me

I don't know why it is

But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way of talkin'

I don't know why it is

But it lifts me up when we are walkin' anywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down

Inspires me without a sound She touches me

and I get turned around

She's got a way of showin'

How I make her feel

And I find the strength to keep on goin'

She's got a light around her

And ev'rywhere she goes

A million dreams of love surround her

ev'rywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down

Inspires me without a sound

She touches me and I get turned around

She's got a smile that heals me

I don't know why it is

But I have to laugh when she reveals me

She's got a way about her

I don't know what it is

But I know that I can't live without her anyway

liz.gif

I love you sweet Momma...I'll do my best to take care of the pups just like you've taken care of me. Now GIT and run like I know you want to...

N

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

Awww....I'm so sorry....what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. My heart is breaking for you.....safe travels to the Bridge Liz. :brokenheart

I am so sorry Nan!

Farewell Liz, run free at the Rainbow bridge.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Nan,

I'm so sorry. I remember looking at your website when I first adopted Milky Way from CGC and learning about all your greys. May Liz run free and may your heart find peace tonight.

Alicia and Milky Way

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest KennelMom

Oh Nan...I'm so sorry. :cry1 :cry1 I know your heart is breaking, but Miss Lizzard has known complete and total, unending and unparalleled love from you. I know that will continue until you see her again one day.

Sending you many, many hugs :grouphug.....you will not be the only one shedding tears for Liz :weep

What a beautiful and touching tribute to your little darling Liz. :weep I can feel how deeply she touched your heart, and I know her spirit will be with you always. My prayers are with you both, for a gentle transition to the Bridge. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry Nan. In fact, I'm at work sitting here crying with you. Your baby is an angel now, but will remain in your heart forever. God be with you until you meet again.

What a beautiful tribute to your girl. Many hugs coming to you.

Godspeed Liz. Now race with the wind.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest Broodmama

I am so sorry. Liz sounds like such a special girl. Her story is so touching. I am giving my broodies an extra special hug and will think of you and Liz today.

Guest pleasantsarg

Wow- your post conveys her character and your love so well. I feel like I missed out on knowing a beautiful creature. I am happy you had the opportunity-- but sorry she is moving on. Run free gorgeous Liz- you will be missed.

Oh Nan...I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. Sweet Liz Mommy...you run free and fast...Sweet Bo is right there waiting for you and his heart is soaring. You kids send Mommy and Daddy a Rainbow. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry to read this :cry1:f_red

Go peacefully on your journey Liz and wait patiently :heart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Valliejo2001

What a beautiful tribute to such a awesome little girl. My deepest condolences. Run like the wind when you reach the bridge.

Darlene

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Guest greymom23

I cried when I read the tribute to your Liz. May she travel safely to the bridge where her spirit will live on and be free, healthy and happy.

Run Free Sweet Mama Girl! :gh_run

:cry1f_yellow