Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hydrogen peroxide'.
Found 1 result
It took an epic counter-surf to get it down from an upper shelf, but Brooks pulled down a BRAND NEW, unopened box of Raisin Bran (23.5 oz) and scarfed the whole thing while I was out for dinner. Based on the evidence at hand, this was more than two hours ago. Per the conventional wisdom, it's too late to induce with hydrogen peroxide. But ... Google search says there's about 150 grams (~ 1 cup) of raisins in a 16 oz. box of Raisin Bran, so I'm going with 210 grams of raisins in this particular box. Wiki says toxicity is about 19g of raisins per kg. Brooks is roughly 78 lbs (35.3 kg). So in his case, toxicity shouldn't occur until about 660 grams of raisins. So he's about 1/3rd of the way to toxicity. Is my math right? Any cause for concern here? Am I losing precious minutes that should be spent on my way to the e-vet? I also figure he also got about 200g of sugar with this conquest, which can't be good. Not sure what effects to expect there. For some added context, this pup has an iron stomach. He's lucked into (nontoxic amounts of) cocoa powder and full bags of coffee beans in the past with no major issues. He's already had some runny stool since I got home, which I'm guessing is the bran, not the raisins. But he's been busily chewing threw a new stuffie and pestering his sister to play since I got home, so he seems okay?