Hobbes Got A Tentative Diagnosis

We got a tentative diagnosis of Leptospirosis today.

His blood test from last night came back and his BUN and creatinine levels were very high. Which indicates a problem in the liver and kidneys. The vet thinks with some of the other blood values and his symptoms it is a likely cause. They have to do a titer test to confirm this, which could take up to a week. Good thing is the treatment for it is what we have been doing the whole time. I hope he will start to show some improvement soon.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Sending healing wishes to Hobbes. How long have you been treating it, and when does the vet expect to see results?

The treatment is an IV and antibiotic, which he has been receiving since Monday afternoon. I haven't seen Hobbes yet today but my DH saw him and said he was a bit more alert today, he even took him on a short little walk. The vets were able to get him to eat a few mouthfuls of food which is really promising.

I don't know how long it's supposed to take to see results, I keep meaning to ask but forget everytime I'm on the phone with the vet. I got to start writing questions down when I remember them, I'm so scatter brained right now.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Lots of good thoughts and prayers from us for your Hobbes. It does sound like the treatment is beginning to work for him and that one day at a time he will continue to improve.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending lots of good thoughts for Hobbes. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

... and hugs to you :grouphug:bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending loads of prayers that a fix is on the way for Hobbes.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Just got back from visiting with Hobbes :'(

Hobbes needs all the prayers you can give him right now. He really isn't doing very well tonight. His Kidneys and liver seem to be shutting down. He has become severely jaundice, and is yellow all over his body. He is so lethargic and his temperature has fallen below normal.

The vet talk to me about the possibility he won't becoming home. I'm numb, I can't believe this is happening.

Guest myneedlenose

Chin up, you'd be surprised at their resilience and will to live. Mayhem came home from a kennel which shall remain nameless in liver failure, impending kidney failure, so lethargic I had to almost carry all 80lbs of him into the vet's office. He was promptly put in hospital with IV fluids and antibiotics and given the same talk about possibly not coming home from the vet. I refused to give up on him and so did Mayhem. He did come home and has been my lovebug ever since. I know it is a shock, hang in there and know we are saying a little prayer for both of you. :hope

Sending more prayers for our beloved Hobbes.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

C'mon Hobbes, you have to get better. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending prayers for Hobbes :candle:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting