How Asia Is Doing

Madeara

I really need to post a picture to show how wonderful she is doing. We go for walks in the morning and you should see her run even with missing a front leg. They can still do it. She smiles and sniffs out wonderful smells and she is still my princess! Her hair is growing back, she is still her funny self. It is like nothing ever happened..except removing a leg. She loves to jump into the Rover for a ride, she loves rides! She snuggles at night and gets up in the morning and still does those greyhound stretches at both ends. A new day and a new breakfast and new walk and still lots of the same Mommy and Daddy love.

This drama queen is doing fine!!!

Asia will amazya!!!!

3 more chemo treatments to go.

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

:gh_run :gh_run :clap :clap :yay :yay :thumbs-up :thumbs-up

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Good girl Asia :yay

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest HeatherDemps

Thanks for sharing the good news. I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. I think she'll continue to amaze you with how well she'll adapt and just keep on going. I remember how thrilled I was when Dempsey did that full body stretch with only three legs. Keep enjoying the good times ahead. :)

What an excellent update! :yay Isn't it incredible how adaptable these hounds can be? :) Glad to hear your sweet girl is happy and active. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

WooHoo Asia! Keep showing how tough you are princess and enjoy every day. So glad she is running and enjoying her rides with you. Sounds like you are all adjusting just fine - and only 3 more chemos to go - yay! Hopefully no side effects with those? Sending hugs and scritches to you and your babies (can't forget Cosmo).

WooHoo Asia! Keep showing how tough you are princess and enjoy every day. So glad she is running and enjoying her rides with you. Sounds like you are all adjusting just fine - and only 3 more chemos to go - yay! Hopefully no side effects with those? Sending hugs and scritches to you and your babies (can't forget Cosmo).

Thanks!

She does get a couple of days with some loose stools and just maybe one day off her kibbles which I then substitite with rice and something nice, she eats. But before you know it it passes and all is well.

I just wanted all to know that this went very smooth and all the scariness of "what, if," was worth it. Maybe some can't do it for the cost and I wish it wasn't so costly. I feel fortunate that I can swing it. But it isn't all that bad removing the leg. That is what has to be done and if not that is when it would be tragic when the bone breaks and the pain cannot be stopped. But that is how I feel with what I have experienced. We all do what we think is best for our dogs and as unfortunate as it is that they cannot span all our years with us I can only hope that Asia will staywith me as long as possible.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

What a wonderful update. Hug the brave and beautiful Asia for me. :grouphug:wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh yeay!! :clap :clap

That's just fabulous news!! I'm picturing her, happily sniffing, jumping, smiling, eating, cuddling and even running ... It must just make you feel just fit to burst with love.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Audrey, it does my heart good to see this update. Of course, I just had a feeling that Asia would do well. It is a chance we take, not knowing what the outcome will be, but for you and Asia, it was absolutely the right decision.

Your love for her shines through---so obvious that you are treasuring each day. And so is Asia!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:yay:confetti

Audrey, I remember something that you said wayyyy back when you first realized there was something wrong with Asia...you mentioned that you had been looking forward to spoiling Asia properly since you always felt like she took a side seat to Darius, and you were worried that your spoiling time with Asia would be cut short because of her cancer...well just look, here she is doing GREAT, and ready for ALL of the spoiling you can possible dole out! :confetti

Many wishes for continued high spirits in your home :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

oh yes she is definately spoilt!!! Even my vet noticed that yesterday. She will take center stage now until she leave us, even when we get another dog. After all she has to train a new one for us :) She is a funny girl :wub:

pictures to come :)