Brady Update

Guest savvyprchick

Guest savvyprchick

Steph's (bradyzmommy) Brady needs your prayers more now than ever. They are on their last option (see other thread for a background)

Here is what she said:

Brady looked really bad last night. His abdomen is filling with blood from the biopsy site. His liver is getting better on its own, but his body cant control the bleeding.

The pathologist report shows no cancer, no hepatitis and no liver disease. His liver is not dead. It turns out that Brady is 1 out of 10,000 who has a negative reaction to Previcoxx.

He had a transfusion at 1am. I spoke with his doctor at 3:30 this morning and his red blood cell count had not changed. Maddi may be going in later today to do a fresh blood transfusion. that way, brady will get the benefit of fresh blood as opposed to frozen plasma.

I cant get over how horrible he looked last night. His abdomen is completely purple and the doctor said it had gotten worse overnight.

Despite how horrible he looks and feels, when i called him "my puppy boy" he still wagged his tail.

He is still losing blood and now his red counts are going down. The transfusion seems to be his only hope right now.

PLEASE pray for Brady :candle :candle :hope :hope :hope:goodluck

ETA: Steph is on her way to the hospital with Maddie right now to do the transfusion.

Edited by savvyprchick

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:candle:hope Brady is in my thoughts.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, no. I had just replied to the other post, thinking that things were looking up. If there is no cancer, no liver disease, the blood just HAS to clot!

Sending prayers and white light, and some of Xan's good chants.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I just got off the phone with Steph. Brady's now had 3 transfusions and is still not clotting. Steph is heading home to grab both of Brady's sisters, Maddi and Penny, to bring them and see if either is a match for Brady. They can't seem to stop the bleeding and they can't open him up again for that same reason. He really needs our prayers :hope :hope :hope

Edited by grey14me

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Can she call OSU asap? Dr Couto has been doing a study on blood clotting problems with Greyhounds (I just heard him talk about it last weekend at the GEM event) .... I can't remember the drug he was talking about that showed great promise in just these cases .....

Call OSU !!!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I know the last thing they need is something else to have to do. I wish someone could contact Dr Jean Dodd from Hemopet regarding the clotting factor. Many many prayers coming Brady's way. I so want this to be okay. :hope:hope:hope:hope

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

does anyone have a phone number for Dr. Couto? I will call her and give it to her...and also remind her about hemopet being nearby...

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

I just left a message on Steph's cell with Dr. Couto's number and reminding her about Hemopet. Thanks FountainLady for the number. I wish I knew exactly where Brady was...I'd call the vet myself.

Sharon, Stephanie's placement rep who lives near the vet, is ready to take her 4 dogs to give a transfusion and I told Sharon I would take Phaelin if needed also. I'm just hoping one of the dogs will be a match and that a fresh transfusion will help Brady. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Paula, can you pm me the vet's name and/or number and I will try to get someone there to call dr. couto. i keep getting disconnected....

Come on sweetheart FIGHT! Feel all the prayers and healing energy coming your way baby. :grouphug:candle:candle:candle:candle

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.