Secret Santa 2007

Trudy

I CAN NOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO GO BY THE INFO IN YOUR 'MY PACKAGES' TAB DO NOT GO BY WHAT SHOWS UP IN YOUR INBOX OR YOU MAY HAVE THE WRONG MATCH INFO

GO BY WHAT IS IN YOUR 'MY PACKAGES' TAB

Go to the Events tab just below the banner and have at it!

:read:rules

1. If you sign up, you MUST send out your packages - ON TIME (if you can't for some reason you MUST let me know and let your person know as well)
  2. Sign up any number of times you wish - each ticket you submit will receive a gift (so you can enter one grey or 10 in one ticket)
  3. Package limit is $20 PLUS shipping (yes, you can spend more if you wish, but you are not obligated to)
  4. If you are shipping overseas, you must ship by November 1, 2007 (there are some issues with the postal service in the UK, so packages will be sitting there for a while)
  5. Packages MUST be shipped by December 10, 2007 if you are not shipping overseas.
  6. If you need to back out, let me know ASAP so I can make changes
  7. Packages can be for the greyhounds/pets or the humans
  8. You can sign up for non greys - if you are entering a non-greyhound, please indicate that in the comments
  9. Unfortunately, we are not able to match/not match based on the type of pet being entered, so it is possible you could be matched up to a non greyhound. If this is a very serious problem for you, let me know, but I won't be able to do much as I'm not going to go into the system and unmatch and rematch people by hand - leaves it far too possible for me to screw it up and somebody not get a gift
  10. PLEASE keep track of things in the events system - UPDATE it as you go
  11. I strongly suggest delivery conf and insurance if using the USPS - packages have known to be lost or missing
  12. Signups are open until Nov 20 - but can (and likely will) be closed early if the sign ups slow down greatly
  13. If you have signed up in the past, please CHECK your shipping information before signing up this year.
  14. This list of rules can be added to... so please check back often :)
If you have questions, please post them here so I can answer them here and others can see the answers.

The system should be pretty self explanatory, but in case it is not.

Once we do the user to user matching, you will get an email, but in case your mail system is strict, check the events system once a day or so.

When we make the matches, the status of your packages will change. Click MY PACKAGES to view them. What you should notice is this image.

Acknowledge.gif

You need to click that image to acknowledge that you received your match info.

Once you click the above, the status image will change again, it will change to this:

Mailed.gif

Now start getting your package together, and obviously click that image when you have shipped the package.

At that point you are waiting for the other member to receive it, so the status changes to:

Waiting.gif

And once your match receives the package, and updates the system it will change to:

Complete.gif

--------

This also works in reverse. In the past those on the receiving end were waiting impatiently, and wondering if the other end knew they had a match or not. Not to worry, the status of incoming packages works very similar.

When the sender acknowledges the match, you will see this image:

SS_Acknowledged.gif

And when your package ships, you will see this:

Received.gif

And finally click that to get back to the all mighty:

Complete.gif

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since you will be needing to ship overseas packages so soon, I will be making matches this month - I'll try to give you at least a week to get stuff for your package, so I'll likely do matches next weekend.

If you sign up after the November 1, 2007 date for shipping overseas, please sign up with a 'same country' option, otherwise I won't be able to match you up and have packages arrive in time.

:xmas

the area you are looking at is for your MATCH information, ie, the person you are sending to. We figure you know your pets name ;)

To verify YOUR OWN information click either where it says EDIT, or the link next to DETAILS FOR: PACKAGE xxx

events_Match_info.gif

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ^_^

Thank you Trudy & Jeff :thumbs-up

I'm going to eat my dinner and then come back to fill in my thingies :reindeer

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:confetti:yay All signed up. :reindeer:Peace:reindeer:Peace

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

All signed up! Don't worry, I didn't sign all 10 up at once! I put in 5 tickets so there will be 2 dogs on each ticket. I was afraid to put all 10 on one and give some poor soul a heart attack! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greyhound1
All signed up! Don't worry, I didn't sign all 10 up at once! I put in 5 tickets so there will be 2 dogs on each ticket. I was afraid to put all 10 on one and give some poor soul a heart attack! :rofl :rofl :rofl

:lol:lol:lol

I think I need some explanations.. I'm not sure how this really works..

Could someone help please, I would like to sign up.

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

I think I need some explanations.. I'm not sure how this really works..

Could someone help please, I would like to sign up.

When you sign up, you (and your pup) are matched up secretly with another GT user and his/her pet. You buy gifts for your secret recipient. In the meantime, someone else (not your recipient) is YOUR secret Santa so they are buying for you and your pet. It's just basically like drawing a name from a hat and buying them a gift and someone else drawing your name from a hat and buying YOU a gift. Hope that makes sense :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

You need to have 50 posts to be able to join in this SS fun. If you aren't there yet, start posting in the greyhound forums and you'll soon find you have enough posts to join. You either need to be a 'member' or 'supporter' to play in these reindeer games :)

As for what is this.

Kind of like what was described. You enter a pet (or multiple pets on one entry) into the system. However many times you enter, is how many packages you will need to send. You sign up 4 times, you receive 4 different names to shop for. You will shop for the names included on the match you receive (once I do the matches) - that may be 1 dog or it may be 2 dogs, 4 cats, and a horse. The package you send contains a gift(s) that value at $20 - plus the cost to ship it (so overseas shipping will be more costly). some people decide to break that "package" up over several gifts sent at multiple times... but the gift limit is still $20. You are welcome to spend more, but you are NOT obligated to. You are only obligated to send something for that $20 gift limit.

If you have 3 dogs, you can sign up once per dog or all 3 dogs on one ticket or split them how ever you desire. Entirely up to you. What it boils down to is you send out the same number of $20 gifts as the number of times you sign up. I'll be making matches likely 2 times this week... during the week and this weekend so that those wishing to ship overseas can get a gift packaged up and sent before November 1.

If that is clear as mud... as for clarification on the parts needed :)