Bridge Angels In 2018

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in 2018. As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

JANUARY
Benson, the kitty
Della Rose
Potato, the ibizan
Doral
Kare Bear
Max
Kali
Misty
Luka
Tanzi
Jane Clancy, along with the 20 dogs and 18+ cats of All Breed Rescue, who died when she tried to save them in an early morning fire .
Willow
Wally
FEBRUARY
Chester, the kitty
Mary Whiddon, mom to Lucy (GT member LBass) and her sister Ann
Swampy
Nixon
Ruby
Zilla, the greyhound-sled dog mix
MARCH
Lena
Baer
Wendy
Logan
Miles, the kitty
Sara
Brandy
Enza
Maggie
Allie

Bailey, the cat

Aaerro
APRIL
Pixie
Mover
Echo
Petey
Bane, the K9 officer
Grayson
Zelda
Celia, a loved mixed breed doggy
GryphonS
Summer
Dahlia
MAY
Selena
Barkley, the terrierist
Dottie
Reba
Penny
Calvin
Jake
Summer
Raffle
Beau

Ethel, the cat
JUNE
Cindy Lou Whooo
Bakin
Sky
Samlur
Valentina

Mr. Grey, the cat
JULY
Lola
Jimmy
Amigo
Jackson, the Airedale
AUGUST
Max, the Maltipoo
Gracie Mae
Hazel
GreytNut's ratties Azalea, Alfred, Ivy, Lily. Malachite the White's tree frog. And many fishies.
Zeeba
Charlotte
Tori, the kitty
Honor
Anne Finch, founder of Greyhounds in Need in England
Tessa Marie
Sherri

Bella
SEPTEMBER
Terry, the kitty
Addie
Cabo
Rollover Ronee
Blue
Ryder
Max
Xena, the galga
Sarge
Little Norman, a very good hedgamahog
Cookie Dough
Ellie
OCTOBER
Stewie
Rocket
Moonshine
Sapphire
Arteria
Cleo, the mastiff
Tickertape
Kala Blu
Tosca
Dottie B
Star
Surprise
Monty
NOVEMBER
Little JenJen
Soleil and Kira
Trevor
Stewie
Sally
Bug
Tessa
DECEMBER
Bear
Finn and Lora
Joey
Bowie
John Foley, the horse and Quigley, the goat
Xian Wong, the hedgehog

Brisa, the galga

Bunny, of the Tales & Tails blog

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be bright and clear, as they always were.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky, Petra lost her Galga, Brisa today, December 31st, can you add her? I don't know how often Petra comes here. Thank you.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Tin, I have added Brisa.

If anyone has any additions or corrections for the list, just post here or PM me and I will tuck them in with their new friends at the Bridge. They are in good company.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you so much for doing this, Ducky.

I read your monthly lists faithfully and usually make a condolence post

I've been a member here on GT for nearly 9 years, but this is the first time one of my own has been on the list.

The thoughtful messages that everyone posted were very much appreciated.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Rachel, Bella has been tucked in.

tiny hada siggy.png

Remolacha, Ethel has been tucked in.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

A Letter from Heaven - Alena Hakala Meadows

When tomorrow starts without me,

And I'm not here to see,

If the sun should rise and find your eyes,

Filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry,

The way you did today,

While thinking of the many things

We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,

As much as I love you,

And each time you think of me,

I know you'll miss me too.

When tomorrow starts without me

Don't think we're far apart,

For every time you think of me,

I'm right there in your heart.

This is a roll call no one ever wants to be a part of. :cry1 We've lost so many this year. :angelwings

Hug your hounds :grouphug and tuck them in tonight :nappy with a kiss :kiss2 and cookies. :dogcookie:dogcookie

They all deserve it. They are never with us long enough.

:heart:brokenheart:paw:candle

:f_white

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Thank you for maintaining this list, Ducky.

At one point a few years ago I reached a point where I could no longer respond to Remembrance posts. There were just too many and I couldn't handle all of the loss. Eventually i was able to go back to responding to them and losing Rocket this year made me realize how important it is to do so. All of the responses when we lost Rocket really helped us get through losing our boy. I can not begin to thank everyone enough who responded, but I also fully understand those who just can't handle posting in this forum. Our hounds just don't stay long enough, and each hound we lose on GT is like losing our own hound, over and over. It never gets any easier.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

So true...I still get pangs of grief for our pups when I read tributes, even if I only know them on social media.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Would you please add two of my outside cats, brothers Bailey and Mr. Grey, who both passed this year at 15 years of age? Bailey passed in March and Mr. Grey in June. I lost my Sherri in August and they loved her as much as she loved them. Thank you so much.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Bunny of Tales & Tails, passed away in December... i had followed her adventures for so many years... and i still cry when i realize she is gone... even though her sissy Flattery is still around...

https://talesandtails.com/once-upon-a-time/?fbclid=IwAR0BMRbfVUClg4a8-pkyX0-OZrbRn8_06ffK-3vF6Z4tbuncrQYlfC_RVmM

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Would you please add two of my outside cats, brothers Bailey and Mr. Grey, who both passed this year at 15 years of age? Bailey passed in March and Mr. Grey in June. I lost my Sherri in August and they loved her as much as she loved them. Thank you so much.

Bailey and Mr Grey are tucked in.

Bunny of Tales & Tails, passed away in December... i had followed her adventures for so many years... and i still cry when i realize she is gone... even though her sissy Flattery is still around...

https://talesandtails.com/once-upon-a-time/?fbclid=IwAR0BMRbfVUClg4a8-pkyX0-OZrbRn8_06ffK-3vF6Z4tbuncrQYlfC_RVmM

Bunny has been tucked in.

tiny hada siggy.png

Bailey and Mr Grey are tucked in.

Thank you so much.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

• 1 month later...

This is a long shot but does anyone know a pet loss poem/essay that references timekeeping, such as, "this time last week you were still here, this time 3 days ago you were still here, this time yesterday you were gone?" I am paraphrasing big time here but I saw it while scrolling on Facebook on a Pet Loss page and didn't save it to my page. Trying to force myself not to dwell on my sudden loss on Feb. 8 but that is ALL I am doing now. Thanks for any help (and I need a LOT of it.)

Edited by charbess