Leftover Supplements/meds

Today was devoted to sorting through all of Zuri's stuff, especially meds and supplements and reorganizing dog supplies. I have a few things that I know we won't use in a timely fashion that I'd like to offer to whoever can use it.

Gabapentin - large bottle, about 2/3 full of 300 mg Gabapentin capsules

GlycoFlex 3 - Large 120 count bottle of chewables, almost completely full

Artemisinin - Unopened bottle of 60 40mg Artemether capsules, just bought in July. Also think I have a nearly full bottle of 60 100 mg Artemisinin capsules bought at same time. Both from Hepalin: http://www.hepalin.com/products.htm

Curcumin/Turmeric - Unopened bottle of Thorne Research Curcumin supplement, 60 capsules https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D8V6SSA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Deramaxx - 20 100 mg chewables bought at the end of August

The Gabapentin and GlycoFlex I am happy to just pass on. The Artemisinin supplements I spent over $100 on and the Curcumin was $30. If someone can use them, I will ship for free and ask that if it's not a financial hardship you donate to a rescue group or charity. The Deramaxx is the only one that I will hold on to if I can't recoup some of the costs - $50 for the remainder (I paid $103 for the 30 ct bottle).

If you can use any of them, PM me. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks, I didn't think vets or shelters would take open stuff like this. I will definitely check for anything that doesn't get claimed by a GTer.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest MnMDogs

Thanks, I didn't think vets or shelters would take open stuff like this. I will definitely check for anything that doesn't get claimed by a GTer.

Jen- after Mork died, I donated all of his meds back to our vet. They only refused the needles and syringes (unused obviously, but they weren't allowed to take them).

• 1 month later...

Jen, did you find homes for those items? If not, please let me know.

I didn't. I meant to follow up with Cleptogrey about the glycoflex but it sort of fell of my radar. FB msg me if you need anything. I'm not seeing those messages right away, but I will see it.

When Noelle died I'd just gotten all new meds for her & I gave them to various people around the states that could use them. I'd just gotten a new gross of insulin needles & yesterday they went to a young man that needs them for himself. I was glad to see her things go where they were needed even when the vet didn't help me do this.

Xtrawld, I don't need the Gaba, my insurance will cover 90% of it. They discharged her with a bottle of it yesterday. She's going to start chemo in a couple of weeks, I'll likely need Artemisinin, though. The only down side to Healthy Paws is that they don't cover the cost of supplements. Which is stance t since they do cover alternative practices like cold laser, chiropractic, hydrotherapy, etc.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014