Doodles Collapsed Tonight

seeh2o

Good thoughts, prayers, positive energy, lighted candles...everything positive needed that you can spare. Tonight when I came home from work Doodles was so happy, running around, entering to be petted, playing with toys and even giving kisses (which is a rare event), then she walked into the kitchen and collapsed. She couldn't get up, was panting terribly (no crying) and some knuckling under. Greyhound friends came to our rescue, one talked me through it, another came over and helped me get her to the car (I live on a LONG DARK walkway) and yet another drove us down to the best emergency clinic I know, SoCal all the way down in Irvine.

Vet was very grim when she first met with me, but after she had some good news she was less so. Her chest xrays are clear, blood work is good (except she is dehydrated). Three things mentioned a possibilities stroke, spinal embolism or slipped disk. Neurological consultation in the morning. So hard to leave her there...please keep my girl in your thoughts.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending best thoughts for your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hope the morning brings good news. Feel better soon, Doodles.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Ugh-poor baby :-(. Please check her urine for protein--proteinuria can often lead to stroke. If it's a stroke it's best to be treated with aspirin and/or plavix--not corticosteroids! Dr Couto has been extremely clear with that fact.

Please consider consulting with him once you have had more diagnostics run.

http://www.coutovetconsultants.com

:hope:candle:grouphug Keep us posted.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Good thoughts for Doodles and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest karilynn

Ohhh! I'm so sorry for both of you. I can't imagine being a witness to that situation and having no idea what is happening. Hugs to you AND to Doodles. I'm glad that your friends came to her rescue (and your rescue!) and I will hope all the best for her.

Hope you have gotten good news on your girl.

I went through a similar experience years ago with my first grey. After a long lists of tests he was diagnosed with FCE....similar things had happened with him. Very sudden onset. Obviously the recovery is dependent on the location of the cloat. But he recovered nicely and lived to be 12 and this happened when he was 7. He didn't completely recover bathroom control but he was happy and healthy other than that.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Sending good thoughts to Doodles and you.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.