Proud Of Bella

When we moved into our new home last August, Bella had the run of the backyard and after lots of zoomies, the grass looked like heavy machinery had gone through :lol (I'm sure many can relate). She also was using the whole yard as her potty area.

After dealing with the resulting mud and not being able to really enjoy the yard because of the all-over pottying, I wanted to re-grow the grass and train her to use a specific potty area. I put up some stakes and a couple of lines of twine. Not anything that she couldn't practically step over, just more of a training aid.

After a couple of months like this, the grass came in very well and we took down the stakes and line. Here's the proud mama bit - I'm so proud of Bella because she continues to follow her new routine and trots right out to behind the garage to her potty area, rather than going all over the lawn like she got used to doing last fall.

Of course, the fact that there are usually squirrels there to chase helps motivate her to head back there :gmark

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

:pepper sounds like YOU WON! keep on reseeding and watering. from what i have been told pasture grass is pretty durable and does well in our zone. we too were thinking of reseeding but i don't think either felix or annie are going to slow down on their craziness. so it's cedar shavings for us right now.

She has definitely slowed down a bit (she just turned 9). We are also taking her on more walks and she tends to do her zoomies on our bed or in the living room now rather than the yard :lol after seeing her fall a couple of times doing them in the yard, I'd much rather she do them inside.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20