Nibbling On Humans

I have a question...does anyone know how to keep a dog from nibbling on humans? It's similar to how they nibble on themselves while cleaning. It has only happened once for me and someone else told me it happened as well. I gave an 'no, ut uh' sternly and sent the dog away.

TIA

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest Clawsandpaws

Basically what you did. A loud "OW!" will usually distract and deter a nibble. If it's happening so infrequently it can be hard to correct since repetition is key.

On the bright side, it's a sign of affection! But a high-pitched "ow" and turning your back will probably work.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest TheLast13

I let Hero do it as well. I know hes not harming me or wants to harm me. We are just playing or goofing off. I wont allow him to do it to anyone else and I think he has figured that out. I only let him rough house with me. I think its cute. Probably not the right thing to do or think.. but oh well

Payton starting nipping me, mostly in the morning when he is really happy to see me and climbs (partly) in our bed. I don't really mind since I think it is kind of sweet. He is too reserved to really get all mouthy with a stranger. Although the morning nip on the inside of my arm kinds hurt...

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

Thanks everyone...this is a foster, so I am hoping to train this out of the pup as her new family may not appreciate it. She is actually a very good girl considering how young she is, loves to play and LOVES attention. She gets in line/pushes the others out of the way for her butt massages. That was the first time she has done it to me, although she has given me kisses on the chin like my 2.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel