Update On Maya's Stool Issues

IAMs

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your suggestions and concern for Maya as she's been going through some bathroom/stool issues. (Here's the original post.)

My wife took her to the vet for an ultrasound this morning. Thankfully, they didn't have to put her under. Instead, they were able to do the ultrasound while she laid on her side. When they were ready to check another area, they were able to roll her over.

What they found was a small inflamed area of her small intestine. My wife described it as a middle point right between the small and large intestines. (We searched for the exact word, but couldn't find it.)

We're starting with a urine test. She's checking for evidence of histoplasmosis. If there's no evidence of histoplasmosis, I guess we'll just wait and see.

My concern was cancer... which is a possibility, but it is low down on the list.

Again, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. The people on this board are great greyt. I appreciate you all!! And Maya does, too.

(Just for smiles, here's one of my favorite pictures of Maya from just a few days ago.)

fd771a6b-d489-425a-b160-5204975d9b8c_zps

-Joel

Gwen (07/2003-11/2009),  * Maya (cancer , 06/2003-10/2013), *Ollie (cancer 07/2013 - 10/2018), *Azalea (cancer, 7/6/2015 - 5/20/2019), Ashe (cancer 04/2011 - 03/2020)

*Aztec (sister of Inca, 12/1996-08/2011), *Inca (half-Siamese kitty ,12/1996 - 9/2016)