'revolution' Vs ?

First of all I need to point out we live in Ontario and do not have access to some medications that are available in the US.

My hounds have been on monthly Revolution, but the price just keeps on climbing.

I have occasionally ordered meds for my horses from 'Allivet' out of the US and have been quite pleased with their delivery service up here.

However, Revolution requires a script from the vet, which is not viable for us.

Allivet carries a few other 'similar' meds that do not require a script and I am looking for opinions on what other Greyhound owners use.

The choices are...

Frontline

Frontline Plus

Advantix

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

What all are you trying to control? The other meds you listed control fleas and ticks but not heartworm.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We use Sentinel. The only thing it doesn't protect against is ticks. It is not cheap, however, the company is offering $20 off per box due to the shortage they experienced last year.

We had a case of fleas last year, I nearly lost my mind, however I had peace of mind knowing that they were protected for those!

We used to use Heartguard, however found it was not suitable for Kasey with his allergies.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

I ordered revolution from Australia this year and it was, less than half price and I didn't need a rx. It arrived in less than a week. I heard about it on gt from others who order their message from this company.

I ordered revolution from Australia this year and it was, less than half price and I didn't need a rx. It arrived in less than a week. I heard about it on gt from others who order their meds from this site

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Bean_Scotch

I use Certifect and Interceptor Spectrum. I've ordered from www.bestvaluepetsupplies.com I've never had a positive fecal or HW test on this protocol. When I used Heartgard(FROM THE VET) my dogs got hooks and they were a bear to get rid of. I've never gone back to using Heartgard since. Interceptor Spectrum protects against rounds, hooks, whips, tapes, as well as heartworms. Certifect does both Fleas and Ticks. Frontline doesn't work well here, and I have a cat so I'm not sing Advantix. Certifiect is the only product that I've used where I haven't picked a tick off a dog at some point during the summer. It's awesome and does a fantastic job. It's no more expensive than Frontline.

Well...it seems I did not need a script to order the Revolution from Allivet.

I was curious to see how far I could get through the check-out process before they asked for my script.

At check-out, all I had to do was tick off a box that says the product is not illlegal here in Canada.

A six-pack, with shipping to Canada, was only $111.07 US.

I have shopped with Allivet a few times in the past and have saved a LOT of money on meds for my horses.

Thank you Allivet!!

:D

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Wow, I'm going to look into that :) Last year I had to make (and pay) for an appointment just to get flea meds. If this is cheaper and you had no problems getting it over the border, I may just have to order myself. They have meds I need for my bun as well (although I am guessing I need a prescription...darn).

Also... check out this Australian site as recommended by Greytpups .....much cheaper shipping charges and no script required.

http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/shippingoptions-c-335.html

I just ordered Flonase nasal spray (for me) from a New Zealand Phcy. I don't have any prescription drug coverage, and could not pay the ridiculous price they were going to charge me, Plus no doctors visit, just to get the prescription. It was still almost half price from what I used to have for an insurance discount, and that included shipping.

Bottom line - if you can get it from another country, go for it.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Well...it seems I did not need a script to order the Revolution from Allivet.

I was curious to see how far I could get through the check-out process before they asked for my script.

At check-out, all I had to do was tick off a box that says the product is not illlegal here in Canada.

A six-pack, with shipping to Canada, was only $111.07 US.

I have shopped with Allivet a few times in the past and have saved a LOT of money on meds for my horses.

Thank you Allivet!!

:D

Actually, I ordered it from http://www.bestvaluepetsupplies.com and paid 62.90 for 6 tubes with free shipping. I highly recommend them. I paid via paypal and got status updates, when it ordered and shipped. I'm going to order from them whenever I can.

I got the info off another thread but can't find the particular thread right now, but am really glad someone posted about this.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross