Brees, With Her New Roman Nose. Monday, All Better!

Monday, all better!

file-9.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-7.jpg

(She actually does have a very slight "bump" on her snout, just before her nose. Very endearing!)

And a before pic, for comparison:

file-5.jpg

She's back to stealing my shoes, so I think it's safe to say she's feeling better! Still have the Clavamox to finish, but I think we're done with pain meds til next time. I'd like more than a month till the next e-vet visit, please!

Sorry the pics aren't right. Photobucket is acting dumb!

Saturday pics, after it burst:

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

The itty-bitty hole all that nastiness came out of!

file-8.jpg

The pics were taken about 2 hours after it burst on it's own -- after 2 vets told us they couldn't feel anything to lance. It's not hot at all, and she's already killed both stuffies she got at GAA's holiday shop. I'm not quite sure what to do with her from here. I'm really glad she's feeling good, and hope this means she'll be on the mend.

Friday Update:

I came home from work tonight to find Brees's nose even more swollen. She's starting to look like a Bull Terrier! The local vet let us bring her in, even though they were about to close. She got a shot of Benedryl, with more to follow at midnight. We're to keep a close eye on her in case she starts having trouble breathing. E-vet if that happens. Vet says if the nose doesn't look 100% better tomorrow morning, we'll be bringing her in for another poking at, more and different antibiotics, and goodness knows what all else. On the plus side, her temp. was only 102, and she's acting fine. (Being nosey, stubborn, and into everything!) Vet was pretty insistent on a rabies booster, so we did that. (She got her rabies shot mid-Sept of this year.)

file-3.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-1.jpg

I got Brees a nose job! Isn't she pretty?

file.jpg

She got a cat last night. I gave her a bath, cleaned everything out, and dribbled betadine in all her wounds. Planned on a vet visit this morning, but our vet was closed due to Sandy, and she seemed fine. The nose swelled up, huge, over about an hour this afternoon, and she felt awful. None of the local vets are open, so it was the e-vet for us. Antibiotics, Tramadol to go with the Rimadyl I was already giving her, and some staples for an "underarm" wound. She put herself to bed after we got home. It's been a couple hours, and she's perked right back up and being a pain in the rear end again. I'm VERY happy about that! (Joe liked her better when she felt funky.)

So, I'd really like a Roman-nosed houndie someday, but not like this. Rob's off tomorrow and Friday, so he'll be able to keep up with the hot compresses. My poor, crazy, cat-eating puppy!

(The cat wanted to come in after this event. Don't know what happened to it.)

Edited by Riverhound

Poor baby! Get well soon Brees.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I got bit by a cat a few months ago! It was an absolute nightmare. When I went to MedExpress, the doctor told me that cat bites and scratches are really serious- they can sometimes lead to gangrene and staph. I was on heavy duty antibiotics and Vicodin for the pain. Long story short, I feel your pain, Brees! Get well soon!

Keep up with the compresses, and make sure she doesn't have any obstruction to her breathing.

Poor baby! {{{{{smooch}}}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hope Brees is feeling much better.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Omg I hope she is ok, she looks miserable. I hope you weathered the storm well - we ended up at a friends house only to get power back today. I realy hope she heals quickly I cant imagine dealing with the stress of a cat bite/scratch and stupid sandy

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

Omg I hope she is ok, she looks miserable. I hope you weathered the storm well - we ended up at a friends house only to get power back today. I realy hope she heals quickly I cant imagine dealing with the stress of a cat bite/scratch and stupid sandy

Hi Leah! Glad you're ok. We actually never lost power. Very lucky!

Brees is well drugged, and feeling much better tonight. She was pitiful yesterday. Didn't even fixate on the cats at the e-vet, so you know she was not herself! I can't believe how quickly the swelling/fever came up. Just an hour from normal, crazy Brees to "Mommy, do we have to go for a ride? Can't I just sleep?" And she laid in my lap almost the whole time at the vets, instead of trying to get into everything like she normally would. Much worse than when she tore her shoulder. This is twice in a month that she's been to the e-vet; they're gonna think I'm a Münchausen's Mommy soon1

Don't know if we'll make it Sunday. I still have a cold, and we want to go to GAA's holiday shop. We had a fine time there last year!

Poor little girl! Are you sure that she didn't pickup that nose at the joke shop in Rehoboth? She might be playing you....

. :getwell

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life