Vectra 3D

Guest verthib

Search Vectra on this forum. There are several posts advising against using it on greyhounds.

ETA: There's also a current thread on this forum about problems with Advantix.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Recently a vet tech suggested using Vectra 3D instead of K9 Advantix. They said it was the same med but cheaper. Has anyone used it?

Do not use it. Bad stuff. Like KF said, do a search in this section of the board and you'll see why we (and especially me) don't like it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest verthib

Vectra has the same med (permethrin) as K9 Advantix, so I'm not sure why Vectra would not be good, but Advantix is. I haven't spoken to our vet about it yet, I just wanted to get some feedback from others who may have used it. I'll also do more research via google to see if anyone has had bad experiences with it. Thanks for your input everyone!

Vectra has the same med (permethrin) as K9 Advantix, so I'm not sure why Vectra would not be good, but Advantix is.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but Vectra 3D is completely different from K9 Advantix. While both contain permethrin, and Advantage/Advantix II also contains pyriproxifen, the other key active ingredient in Vectra is dinotefuran. I'm not aware of any other flea/tick control products that contain dinotefuran. The main active ingredient in Advantage/Advantix is imidocloprid, and it is one that has a long, proven track record.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Guest karma98104

I used it on my 3 whippets and two of them had a really bad skin reaction. I had to take my youngest to the Evet, his skin turned bright red and he was clearly in pain. He also has a bit of a reaction to advantage (though nothing like Vectra) but does just fine with Frontline and advantix.