Skin Tear...

Guest OurIndy

So Indiana took a tumble down some stairs when he was staying with his grandma for the day and split the skin on the inner portion of his knee. There are three skinned areas, each about 3cmx1cm. In my experience with other dogs it would not be something I would involve a vet with, it's just too superficial. However, I know greys have thin skin and special considerations so I was wondering what others would do/have done in this situation.

He has no lameness and no apparent discomfort other than not really wanting us to touch the wounds. He has stopped licking it and the scabs are starting to form. We irrigated with saline and applied neosporin. Would you go for sutures, would they even hold in this ocation in greyhound skin?

Thanks for any advice.

photo-4.jpg

image.jpg

Almost like Peanut's owie. I had to take her in only because her's was higher, so everytime she moved her knee you could see inside her leg ewwww! She's had a couple that look just like Indianna's I would clean that up and keep a close eye on it for infection.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Nope. Clean it, apply triple antibiotic ointment or EMT gel, and give him a kiss on the snoot.

this.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Ok great, this is what I was thinking. Thanks for reaffirming my judgment and for the encouraging words...it's his first injury with us so I'm being extra cautious!