Ladybug (Silent Desire)

FiveRoooooers

It is through tears I write to tell you that yesterday my LadyBug lost her battle. We have been battling hind leg lameness since November, with paralysis occuring two weeks ago. She was rallying, fighting, but her battle was done. I was gone for six hours, six hours, and came home to a girl in crisis. She was paralyzed on the opposite side of the leg that had troubled her, and she was in terrible pain. She finally settled, but she had no use of her hind end. I layed with her in Bug's Healing Camp and called her brother, Zeke-aroni. He stepped over me and layed down next to his big sister. On the way to the clinic my girl could not find a place to be comfortable. She ended up facing forward, just behind my elbow. I carried her in and never set her down. She relaxed more in my lap than I think I have ever seen her. She went to sleep in my arms, it was very peaceful. I brought home her bling and housecoat, but Beryl, she left in her soldier coat, a brave little soldier who did the best that she could. She was so brave. Her brother is a bit confused but he ate a very good dinner and I will keep a close eye on him.

LadyBugwareismahdocktur-1.jpg

DSCN2453.jpg

DSCN2562_133.jpg

DSCN2466_045.jpg

LadyBugaardvark-1-1.jpg

DSCN2573_142.jpg

ZekeandLadyBugTHELOOKDSCN0284.jpg

DSCN2503_078.jpg

LadyBug, the little girl with the big hoofers, my peanut girl, the littlest won.

I will miss the sweet endearing girl who would tuck her head into my chest and just be. The way she came padding from another room on those big hoofers. The silly antics with her red bone. The way she velcroed herself to my hip.

Godspeed, baby girl, mama loves you so much. :weep:brokenheart

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Lady I will miss you - your mom sent me so many pictures and every morning I would wake up and go to the puter for another update on you or a new picture.

I was proud to be your anutie and loved you like my own. Auntie Beryl was very proud of her little soldier who fought a hard battle and wore her soldier coat with pride and dignity.

I know you are running free at The Bridge with no pain and on all four of those big hoofers that momma said you had..

:gh_run2:f_pink:gh_run

edited as I could not see or spell through my tears

Edited by 6greyhounds

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Jan, that was a beautiful and moving tribute to your sweet LadyBug. My tears are falling with yours on your loss. You both fought such a valiant battle to bring your little Peanut back to health. She was a brave little trooper and her soldier coat from Beryl was so meaningful and fitting for her to wear. There are so many photos of your Bug that I loved to see. Tucked on the couch with her brother Zeke-aroni, wearing her ladybug coat in a comfy roach position, standing in the yard wearing a fancy scarf and the photos of the "Pixies" at their outing last fall. Never far from her brother, always content and happy.

LadyBug, a special little spirit, a sweet and loving girl who will be missed by so many of us who came to love seeing her adventures in Camp Greyhound. The day she came to live with you, Jan, was the best day of her life for you gave her the precious gift of continued life with her beloved brother.

Godspeed sweet Bug - I will miss you.

flowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gifflowers_pink.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Little girl in her ladybug and soldier coats :wub: :wub: . I'm so sorry she had to leave you.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Lady Bug, May Angels hold paws with you until you can be together again. Look down from the stars and shine your love upon your Mom and family here so that they might be strong while you go on this journey without them. For you were so brave while here and still tried to put your human and dog family above your own needs. But your Creator, your God, your Father, had other plans for you. And so he gave you extra courage and strength the days before your journey so you could fill those moments with the bliss and love that you would need. Journey on to where we can't sweet Ladybug but to where we all hope to be one day when our time comes. Until then, pass messages to and from all our other angels. For here love is unconditional and there love is eternal.

post-12864-0-21846100-1295961324_thumb.jpg

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

I am so sorry. Your tribute was very moving. It is so humbling to see such courage, bravery and most of all love that was her. How even in the midst of great personal crisis she was only able to think of you and be brave. Very humbling indeed. What an angel. The pictures are wonderful. What a little trooper. My deepest sympathy.

:f_red:f_pink:f_red

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful LadyBug.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed LadyBug.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry to hear this. There aren't enough words to make the pain go away for you, but know that you and Angel Ladybug will be in my thoughts today. :bighug

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Jan what ever you do please don't hold your grief in - holler, rant, rave but please don't bury your head in the sand. Just remember we are all here for you and you know how to get hold of us - {{{{Hugs}}}} We all love you

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts. I know that the days will get better but today is incredibly painful. This is LadyBug and her brother, Zeke-aroni, as we prepared Bug for her journey yesterday.

DSCN2675_240.jpg

DSCN2683_247.jpg

DSCN2681_245.jpg

:beatheart:brokenheart:weep

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.