Sparks Cytology Report Results

Wonder

Heard back from my vet:

Sparks spleen has a benign condition

:yay

Now if I could just get him to eat. I've tried many things and right now the only thing he gobbles up are treats :lol and those Natural Balance meat rolls. I have to pick up more today. Cross your fingers that he will continue to eat these. I need to get some of the 7lbs back on him that he lost in a the last week. :(

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Brandy would eat Vienna Sausage in a can, canned turkey and tuna, sardines and that dog food gravy. She was in her senior years and we really had to spark her appetite.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest bigorangedog

When Whitey and Apollo were not eating (due to advanced osteo), a couple no-fail things were: Arby's roast beef sandwiches, KFC chicken strips (those are the 2 "junk food desperation" options), and the Stella & Chewy's packaged raw patties from the freezer section at Chuck n Don's. They wouldn't eat them raw, but they WOULD eat them if I pan seared them with butter!

SOOOO glad his spleen is okay!!!

I work at a vet clinic, & when we're trying desperately to get a patient to eat when they turn up their nose at EVERYTHING, I run up

the street & bring back a couple of plain McDonald cheeseburgers. Hand feed, bite by bite, works like a charm. :P

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I work at a vet clinic, & when we're trying desperately to get a patient to eat when they turn up their nose at EVERYTHING, I run up

the street & bring back a couple of plain McDonald cheeseburgers. Hand feed, bite by bite, works like a charm. :P

And I know a rescue group that trapped a spooked, escaped hound with fish filets. Apparently, the smell was too much for her...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thank goodness.

Cottage cheese, cinnamon bread, graham crackers, Tripett, spaghettios, canned tuna, scrambled eggs with parmesan?

Please eat, Sparks.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yay, Sparks!!! That is great news! :clap

Robin lost 12 pounds through his recent ordeal and when he was most ill he just didn't want to eat kibble. So we started giving him canned I/D food, mixed up with chunks of steak or chunks of chicken breast,with some mashed potatoes or rice thrown in. Then I started adding some canned Pedigree 'stew' type foods...the meat chunks in gravy with veggies, etc.

And as his appetite's gotten better and he's gained more weight--he's put on 5 of the 12 he lost, so far--I've been adding more kibble to the food mixture and a little less of the add-ins. It is amazing how quickly greyhounds can lose weight. I have bought vanilla ensure for him and actually have it in the fridge, but haven't offered it to him yet. Anyone know if ensure causes diarrhea?

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Wonderful news!!! Our EZ is very weak on appetite. Sometimes canned gravy mixed with a little warm water and some shredded mozzarella helps. Tuna is always good too...any type of fish seems to encourage him.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

:yay Wonderful news!:yay Would he eat his kibble if it were soaked in chicken broth first? Or at least a little bit at a time?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Mashed potatoes were Sutra's favorite. Also, macaroni, cottage cheese, and fig newtons :)

The mashed potatoes saved his life :nod

Oh, he also loved oatmeal...either plain mixed with cottage cheese, or cinnamon bun :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

WOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :colgate:)B)

I am so glad!!!!!

As for eating, you know him best....smear something nutritious in peanut butter or his favorite treat taste!!

I'm sure he will pick up the habit of eating again, but I hope it's quickly!! I just tried Sojos brand food mixed with raw ground meat and my hounds loved it. I haven't had to fight this battle for too long because Hurley is a chowhound, but i did have to work at it for a day or so!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Kari..

So glad you got some good news! Scrambled eggs, hotdogs and ensure are my suggestions.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Great news, Kari. If you could get him to drink Ensure that would sure help....along with some junk food of course.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

That is great news. When we are at Meet and Greets we feed the dogs McDonals Chicken Nuggets. They love them

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Anyone know if ensure causes diarrhea?

It might if he is lactose intolerant. I think it would be a good idea to begin with a small amount and increase the amounts gradually over a few days. JMHO.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I spent 2 hours the other morning trying to get him to eat. Pasta, cottage cheese, yogurt, canned food, kibble with stinky fish, scrambled eggs, baby food, canned veggies and potatoes. He turned his nose up to it all.

No dice but Lucky enjoyed all the left overs :)I have finally figured out what to give him: cooked, ground turkey and those Natural Balance meat rolls.

I've been trying to get him to eat 2 lbs of turkey and some of the NB a day.

He's been getting SpringTime suppliments for years but not lately. I want to add those back in.

The turkey is $1.39 lb and the NB is $12.99 for the large roll. I'm going through 10 lbs of turkey a week and a couple of the large NB rolls.

So I'm having a kard sale :)

clicky

Tonight I weighed him and he's back to 77lbs so he's now gained back all that he lost :yay

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

glad to hear it was benign!!! :yay :yay :yay

hope he starts eating better!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway