Niña 1/3/99-6/8/10

macoduck

One day last August I hauled a big load of kibble to GFNC's kennel. One of the volunteers had the prettiest, tiniest greyhound I'd ever seen prancing on the end of a leash. Niña, nearly 11 then, had been returned by her owner, the last of his greyhounds to go after he no longer had time for them. He had brought her to the US from Almendralejo, Spain when she was a year old.

I had no intentions of bringing home a new greyhound that day, but Niña was an irresistible 39 lbs of galgo love. How could I not?

Niña was a Meet & Greet diva, liked to wear pajamas, had the heaviest footsteps ever, and was the first dog to cuddle with me in bed every night. Tonight will be the hardest, emptiest night of my life.

ninasenorita.jpgninascarf3.jpg030.jpg029.jpg

079.jpg

004-5.jpg

001-3.jpg023-4.jpg

My little Niña. My meerkat, my snowflake, my señorita, my Marge Simpson, my beauty in pearls, my heart. In pain no more.

Niña bids adios to Teo, her GT boyfriend. Her only regret is that they never got to kiss sniff each other.

Thank you Niña's team of kidnapping commandos, who made me laugh at their attempts to steal her away.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. Ducky, I'm so sorry she had to leave.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so so sorry...my deepest sympathy. She will be missed.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh Ducky! I'm so very sorry. I can't believe you little sweetie is gone. Thank you for sharing her with us. I just loved seeing pictures of her and hearing her stories. A huge hug. Godspeed little Nina, you will be missed by so many.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I had no idea she was even ill. I am so sorry for your loss of such a precious tiny little girlie.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh my God, Ducky, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious little Nina. I always enjoyed hearing about her and seeing pictures of that beautiful little girl.

Godspeed to the Bridge, sweetheart.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest PhillyPups

OMG Ducky noooooo I am so sorry your little senorita had to leave. You gave her a home full of love and Nina knew that. Thank you for the love you poured onto your special pocket pup. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Nina, you are with the very very best.

:bighug may you gain love and strength from the ones who are left behind,

:candle sweet little Nina, run fast and free!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm so very sorry for your loss -- she was a special sweet girl

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

I'm so very sorry. Just last week I was smiling at the captions for that picture of her all pretty in pink and pearls, and at how fantastic she looks on the carnation packet!

May your good memories outweigh your current pain.

Run free, beautiful little Nina.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I am sorry for your loss, Duckie.

Nina, I'm assured on the best authority that there are KNOT pink tutus at The Bridge, unless, of course, a sweet little hound wants there to be!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I'm so sorry, she was one of my GT favorites. Godspeed sweet girl.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)