Female Bellybands?

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi - I have a friend with a older female Greyhound and she's a bit incontinent. Is there such a thing as a female bellyband she could use for her Greyhound?

Guest greygirls2

No belly bands for females....but panties. You put an adhesive backed sanitary pad inside to absorb the liquid. The thing that worked for me though was suggested by a friend.........1/4 - 1/2 c 1% milk twice a day. When this was first suggested I thought....ya, right!....but it's worked wonders for my girl and I've since recommended it to others who have also used it with success. I tired this as a last ditch effort when my girl had a severe reactio to the Proin (PPA) that is usually prescribed for urinary incontinence so it was obvious she'd never be able to take that and as she was only 5 I was at a loss and desperate for a solution. She hasn't leaked so much as a drop since I started the milk regiment back in June and she loves it, thinks it's a great special treat! Of course you'd need to be sure your pup is not lactose intolerant first. Mine get yogurt and cottage cheese every night at supper so I knew she'd do OK with it. The milk is cheap, no side effects and works! I thought it might be the calcium and amino acids in the milk tightening the muscles.....my vet thinks it may be the trace amounts of estrogen inthe cow's milk and they're just enough to alleviate the problem. Either way it's worked great for us. If you still feel the need for panties I can send you a site that makes them, they are good to have on had, you can make them yourself too if you're handy with sewing. I also bought reclaimed hospital pads to put on all the beds for protection but they aren't needed now.]

Pet Bloomers

These work well lined with a male incontinence pad.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Two of our three girls have incontinence issues and are on Proin. Personally, I would not use "bad girl" panties on either one of them. They are meant to discourage marking. My girls aren't peeing on purpose - they can't help it. So, why punish them by making them walk around in their urine for something they can't control? I'd rather take the medical route to help resolve the problem.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest 3greysinPA

yes...

Doesnt Holly at the Unruly Hound sell them???

i think so.... let me go check..

Oops.. :huh . sorry... i see someone else already said that..

Sorry. :huh My Bad...

its been one of those days... :(

Two of our three girls have incontinence issues and are on Proin. Personally, I would not use "bad girl" panties on either one of them. They are meant to discourage marking. My girls aren't peeing on purpose - they can't help it. So, why punish them by making them walk around in their urine for something they can't control? I'd rather take the medical route to help resolve the problem.

Sometimes the medical solutions don't work. Every dog/situation is different.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Sometimes the medical solutions don't work. Every dog/situation is different.

I still wouldn't want to punish my greyhounds by making them lay in their own urine for a medical issue they have no control over. Just my 2 cents... to each his/her own.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)