Hoo-hoo Question

Marbles has swelling, not where his, um, hangy-downs were :blush , but at the base of his hoo-hoo. It's sort of on each side of it, and they're about the size of big olives. And they're pretty hard. Yes, I had to poke them :blush so I could describe them. They don't seem to be painful. I've noticed it for a while, but it seems like it's getting bigger. Any ideas what this is? Should I be worried? Or just prosecuted for feeling up my hound??!! :P

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewMommyInRI
:lol I don't know what they are but you aren't the first Mom who has had to check out her boys hareware! Someone here has had to flush the area for infection! :o Is there any discharge? Excessive licking? Odor? (See, I am worse than you... I am asking questions about it!)

I think you're talking about the "bulbous glandis". This is located on either side of the base of the "hoo hoo". During mating, this swells and is what helps to "lock" the male and the female together.

I've noticed this on Dash too. I've also noticed it seems to appear larger at different times, especially if he has to urinate.

I don't think you've got cause to worry, but if it does seem to be getting larger, you might talk to the vet about it. :)

paula_sig.gif

~One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ~

My grey gets sometimes, just for short moments those olive-sized

little swellings on both sides but they disappear very quickly again.

It might be a previous sign of a bit of excitation.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Pharaoh gets those when his hoo hoo is .....um.. well when it's bigger?? Like in the morning when he first gets up and he is excited to go outside. You know, when the tip of the red lipstick thingy is showing. But, they arn't there all the time and his are bigger than olives. :lol If Marbles are there all the time, I'd ask the vet just in case it's something else. :)

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

As i read your post i had to laugh cause my prior dog(shep mix) had rolled over and i saw these and freaked out thought it was cancer or god knows what...called my vet and they said was normal and will sometimes happen when excited. I notice Psi has these as well..so i think it is just one on those "male" things

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

I've noticed them too...but it seemed to go away after a while...an excitement thing?

I don't blame you for prodding them...warning this may gross some of you out, but I thought Quiet Man had some discharge coming out of his hoo hoo the other day, so I wiped it off....(with my finger!)I think it was dried pee-pee! :blink::lol

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

I've noticed the lumps on either side early in the morning. I don't know if it is just that he is a tab bit excited or really ahs to pee. I see them at other times as well and let him out.. he pees, comes back in and they are gone.

Maybe I just have a very "happy" hound :lol

I noticed this the other day and it freaked me out, but then a few hours later I realized it was gone, so I chalked it up to Sonny being "excited", having to pee, etc.. Ew. :lol :lol

Edited by Sonny&CarmellasMom

Angel Sonny aka Whistlin Bill, 62314; Carmella aka Eg Rain Dust, 81693

Plus Boudreaux, Calzone & Hops the cats, Katie & Tony the humans and our Terrific Skinkids Tommy and Jimmy

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...Oscar Wilde

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover
It might be a previous sign of a bit of excitation.

Sure....from having them poked! :lol:lol

P.S. I just went and tossed all my red lipstick. :P

Guest 6hounds4Iggies

This sounds like my Junior High kids talking about the SEX (shhhh.) issues. I am laughing so hard I am crying.

Heee....sniff...HAAAAAAA.....oh my!

Debbie

Guest cindysmom

Oh my, and I was thinking I maybe wanted to get a male?!? Of course, I could do it just to join in all the frivolity! No, I would never do that, but I'm thinking you all are having entirely too much fun!!

Guest MMNs Mom

Ya know, thanks to this board, I've smelled my dogs feet. Now I'll have to check out Mikey's hoo-hoo area to see if he has olives when he's excited.........

***sings: "The things we do for love"***

Ya know, thanks to this board, I've smelled my dogs feet. Now I'll have to check out Mikey's hoo-hoo area to see if he has olives when he's excited.........

***sings: "The things we do for love"***

:lol:lol:lol I know exactly what you are talking about! :P

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

OMG--this is so funny! :lol:lol Not only that you (we) sometimes do these things, but that we ADMIT it! Yeah, Buddy has "olives" sometimes too. And my DH thinks the doggies paws smell like Doritos, DS says Fritos. I say, as long as they haven't stepped in anything unsavory, they're OK!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.